Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Are Sleeper Trains Worth It?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I need to go to Chatham in February, but in order to get up there for 10am, I would need to leave Plymouth around 00:20. I've had a look on Virgin, who claim there are no trains going up to Paddington (because I need to get up to Victoria to catch the other train and no trains from Plymouth go to Victoria) but according to First Great Western, there is such a train that goes up at that time. However, it's going to cost £42.

Are they really worth it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes - i love sleeper trains - but then i sleep well on them.
    wouldn't coach be a lot cheaper?
    ahh chatham?? it sucks:razz:

when i went to plymouth i got a coach back and it was a lottt cheaper..think it was a tenner and left from the main bus depot back to victoria then from victoria i got a train back to the medway towns which should cost around ten pounds too (i live near chatham)
    lol yeah the question should be is chatham worth it? i can't imagine anything worse than waking up on a train and realising i'm in chatham, stuff of nightmares :p
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Coach would be cheaper but a longer journey and the chance of sleep is much reduced. Sleepers are comfortable, you get a decent bed and a light morning breakfast before arrival at London. I'd say its well worth it.