Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

is this wrong?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heya guys,

am new too dis here,

need a little help... riteo, im a 21 yr old man just luvin life, partying etc,etc well my friend use ta go wi a girl dat i liked before he went with her.... he used her alot! she is only 15 yrs old and i am txting her ALOT! I realli think am falling for her! i kno i shudn't but i cannot help it! i need ur advice on what to do. I haven't went with her or nothing, but ave been close! cheers guys/girls..!

Comments

• Options
    you pretty much know what to do. Shes a child and youre an adult. Stop texting her.
  • Options
    yes, its quite easy too say dat though...
    shes not like a 15 yr old, personalitly wise!
    shes alot more senisble than some of the
    21-22 yr old girls i know...
  • Options
    yes but she IS actually 15. If you were 16 or 17 that would be ne thing, but youre 21.
    You wont get many people saying that its ok.
    If you were to have sex with her then its obviously illegal.#
    If it was just a friend thing, then thats one thing, but as youve already come close to "being with her" as you say, then i think you need to be careful you dont fall for her any further or muck around with her feelings when shes at such a vulnerable age.
  • Options
    I think it's hard to disagree with what Suzy has said. You've already said that the person you're talking about has been treated badly by a friend. If you want to be her friend and help her through that then that's one thing, but considering the situation and the age it's going to be better to see her as a friend.

If she has been treated badly then it's possibly that what you see as attraction may be in part her reaching out for some support after being treated badly. Think about the fact you'll be breaking the law, and you'll be getting into a situation with someone who is vulnerable. Think about and then hopefully decide that this isn't a time when a relationship would be the right thing.
  • Options
    heya guys,

am new too dis here,

need a little help... riteo, im a 21 yr old man just luvin life, partying etc,etc well my friend use ta go wi a girl dat i liked before he went with her.... he used her alot! she is only 15 yrs old and i am txting her ALOT! I realli think am falling for her! i kno i shudn't but i cannot help it! i need ur advice on what to do. I haven't went with her or nothing, but ave been close! cheers guys/girls..!

21 and you still don't know how to use proper English. ;)
  • Options
    I don't think an age gap of six years is objectionable, but I think that you should not be thinking of a sexual relationship with this girl. Her age, for one thing, is a consideration; you would be committing a criminal offence if you had sex with her.

More importantly, though, she is vulnerable after being treated badly, and you are in danger of abusing her weakness for your own ends. There's nothing wrong with friendship, and if that grows into something more later then fair enough, but for now you should not even be thinking about making a move on her.

I'm fairly liberal about age gaps, even when one person is under the age of consent,but you are coming very close to exploiting a vulnerable child.
  • Options
    I would just leave it and move on. She's too young for you, it's not the age gap but the fact that she's only 15.
  • Options
    i would leave it aswell, you never know, in a couple of years you two may end up together.
  • Options
    if you like her a lot whats wrong with waiting till she is 16?
  • Options
    heya guys,

am new too dis here,

sorry
  • Options
    Emily79 wrote: »
    Do you know how to spell? I can barely understand this

Oh change your tampon, love.

My cousin who I saw walk out of nappies is the same age as your girl, and if I thought a lad a few years younger than me (I'm 24) was having feelings 'like that' then I'd be really annoyed at it.

Nothing really that anyone could do about it as temptation will always be too much especially if it's reciprocated, but first and foremost it's illegal.

I'm always a firm believer in the mentality (and I do go on a bit like a broken record about this) if something feels genuinely right for you, then you do it. No hesitations whatsoever.

Given that you need to ask about it to someone else shows you don't feel comfortable mentioning this to your mates, especially since one of them has 'used' her? There are more cons than pros weighing to the reasons why this is a bad decision.

However, that aside, if you REALLY believe you can make it work then I'd wait until she was legal at least.

Think about it at least. You could get done in for this.
  • Options
    I kissed two 15 year olds when I was 20, unbeknown to me at the time. As long as they're mature, look older than they are and you're not having any sexual contact with them then that's fine. :thumb:
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Oh change your tampon, love.

:lol::lol: you make me laugh !

If you really like her wait til she's 16 cos at least then it's legal. If it all turns sour you could end up in a lot of trouble and unless it's true love it's not worth it.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I kissed two 15 year olds when I was 20, unbeknown to me at the time.

Lol It's an easy mistake to make innit. Most 15 year olds look so much older than they really are!
  • Options
    yes, its quite easy too say dat though...
    shes not like a 15 yr old, personalitly wise!
    shes alot more senisble than some of the
    21-22 yr old girls i know...

Try explaining that to the judge when he sentences you to 30 years. Suzycreamcheese said it best, leave her alone and wait till she's 16 or 18 depending where you live.
  • Options
    why is everyone saying "oooh wait till she's 16"?

he hasnt said he wants to shag her, just that he really likes her, he could date her and wait till she is 16 to have sex...there's no rule saying just because 2 people are together, they are at it...yeah he's been "close" but he hasnt done anything with her

and for all we know she could be 16 next month! I honestly dont see the age thing as a big deal

its her being vulnerable thats the worry, but if he's a nice guy, he wont take advantage of that
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    why is everyone saying "oooh wait till she's 16"?

he hasnt said he wants to shag her, just that he really likes her, he could date her and wait till she is 16 to have sex...there's no rule saying just because 2 people are together, they are at it...yeah he's been "close" but he hasnt done anything with her

and for all we know she could be 16 next month! I honestly dont see the age thing as a big deal

its her being vulnerable thats the worry, but if he's a nice guy, he wont take advantage of that

I agree with Ali.

The age thing isn't really too much of an issue. To me it isn't anyway as I got together with my boyfriend when I was 15 and he was 20 and we are still together now. So it can work.

As Ali said it's her vulnerability which is concerning. If he's willing to take his time and give this girl the love she needs and her confidence back then I see no problem with him taking things further and making his feelings known.

I say good luck to you but be careful.