Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Getting sti/std tested

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was unsure on the matters of getting tested. i have had 2 sexual partners, used protection with the first and with the second for half the relationship but for the past 6 months or so we haven't but i'm on the pill. my current bfs had 1 sexual partner before me but used protection with her. so im wondereding if there is any urgency to be tested seeing as we couldnt have contracted anything from people before therefore couldnt from each other, is that how it works?

Comments

• Options
    you may aswell get tested, although your probably at risk you never know if the guys you've slept with are telling the truth cause not many admit not to using a comdom as they know its what you don't want to hear
    its free to get tested and only lasts a few seconds, you may aswell as you dont want to find out later on that you can't have kids or somthing just cause you didn't bother going
    good luck x
  • Options
    You should get tested just to put your mind at ease. Like playdead said he could not be telling you the truth and it is better to find out now than later on.

Good luck!