Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Interview for nursing Diploma

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hello

Please could anyone give me some advice on what type of essay I will be doing at the selection day?

I have the letter to say that I have a date for the selection day.

please any advice on what topics I will have to write about?

I would be so greatful

I am so worried

Thank you so much
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    when i did mine, it was just an essay about why you want to do the nursing course

nothing scary :)
  • Options
    Hi I'm doing the diploma for adult nursing, although I never had to do a selection essay. Have they given you topics to choose from? Maybe buy the nursing times and see what topics are currently being takled about ie. MRSA, C.Diff, Obesity.
    Instead of essays we had group discussions. For my interviews, for John Moores and Salford we were put into groups and had group discussions. At JMU we discussed Genetics and at Salford I think it was smoking cessation and we had to do a quick mini presentation.
  • Options
    Hi,

For South Bank i had to do an essay on what qualities i had to make me a good nurse!! We weren't told what the topic was until the day, and then had about 30 minutes to do it in. For my other interviews at Nottingham, and Swansea, they were just straight forward panel interviews :shocking:
  • Options
    For UCE in Birmingham I didn't have to do an essay to get in (thank god!) but just had a panel interview where they ask you awkward questions like 1) Why would you make a good nurse 2) Give an example of a situation in which you showed empathy. It's really not that bad though. I'm doing the Diploma and some of the people on my course I wonder how the hell they even got in so the interviewing process can't be that strict!
This discussion has been closed.