Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

out on the pull

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right i've read all the stuff about being single from my previous post and i'm going to a massive band night and i no theres a girl i really like there

We've chated on bebo for a while and i've flirted abit but i don't know what to do if i see her, i will proberly end up embrassing myself.

The main problem is that we go to diffrent schools, she knows some people that i'm mates with and i no some of her mates

Any advice?:confused: :eek2:

And i no not to use stupid chat up lines

Comments

• Options
    Get drunk and just ask her if she wants a kiss. That's what I do, obviously get talking to her for a bit first. If she seems interested and isn't constantly walking away from you after a few short sentences then I say that's a green light to at least give it a chance. If she says "no" then fuck it, you're drunk and it won't really dwell until the next morning. But that's the next morning and no one gives a fuck about then do they? ;)
  • Options
    good advice, but theres a problem

Its a school gig, no alchol that i no of will be there
    weed yes, cos i'm taking 4 spliffs but no alchol

At least if i can find where i put my weed
    lol
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    good advice, but theres a problem

Its a school gig, no alchol that i no of will be there
    weed yes, cos i'm taking 4 spliffs but no alchol

At least if i can find where i put my weed
    lol

Buy a few tins beforehand and drink them in your room, not enough to get you wobbling all over the place but enough to raise your confidence a bit. Weed can be a very anti-social drug, it raises the likelihood of you becoming anxious and chickening out of asking her. Up to you though! :thumb:
  • Options
    yeah
    i've noticed that, got a good old magners with me now
    lool

Weed makes me more confident i think
    i've talked to people i havn't really talked to before when high
    oh don't i sound posh
  • Options
    well completly fucked that up tonight
    *excuse the laguage*

I just completely froze tonight, and alll i said was hi, really deeply and acted like a dickhead
    She proberly hates me now!

I'm so good at talking to girls, *complete and utter sacarsm*
  • Options
    *excuse the laguage*

I just completely froze tonight, and alll i said was hi, really deeply and acted like a dickhead

How old are you dude?

Tell her girl mates you like her.
  • Options
    i'm 15

I don't really see them that offten cos we go to diffrent schools
  • Options
    Do you chat to her online / have her number?

'Fortune favors the bold'

If you simply ring her and say 'Hi, I'd like to get to know you better, would you like to go out sometime?'

Whilst I always thought this would be tantamount to harassment and lead to me instantly being shunned by everyone, in reality people (especially girls in my experience) like being asked out!

If you don't have her number, go get it ;) be imaginative. But try not to come off as a stalker. Once I liked a girl I didn't know very well so I went up to her friend and asked for her e-mail :p. I was 16 at the time, so I know it's terrifying, but it paid off. She liked the attention so much she went out with me! Until she realised she didn't actually like me.

But I think on the whole from my own experience girls tend to find outgoing and confident guys more attractive. Squeaky wheel gets the oil and all that.
  • Options
    Talk to some of her mates and make it common knowledge that you're interested in her. If you don't see her that much then ask her friends for her number/msn or whatever and then just send her a text or something saying that you think she's really attractive and you wish you'd spoken to her more at that band thing e.t.c....

Then meet up, get a bit drunk to boost your confidence and nail her! Lol Well maybe not quite but you get me.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Get drunk and just ask her if she wants a kiss.

Hahaha I could just see the response.

"Hm, you know? I could go for a kiss right now. What a superlative suggestion."

Kind of like suggesting a drink to someone who says they're thirsty for something but they don't know what they want, and you just happen to suggest the best bev for the moment. They're mildly taken aback by your sudden clairvoyance, but at the same time excited for discovering what they desire in such a rapid fashion:

"You know? Tonic water would hit the spot right now."
  • Options
    we talk alot over the internet,
    and we get on alright, i just don't no if she likes me like i like her!
  • Options
    Freezing up when talking to girls,man,that used to be SOOOOOOOO bad for me.Im a lot better now but still chicken out of talking to them sometimes.
    Tuesday was interesting.I get told a girl wants to "do me and jump my bones" by the guy she works with.So,after not being able to go over straight away and talk to her I had to wait an hour of thinking in my head what could go wrong!!Plus,I had to do it with a load of customers around me and her friend just to the side watching everything!!
    Seriously though,just do it.You`ll never forgive yourself if you dont even try and nothing bads gonna happen.
    When your chatting on the internet,before you go just say "it was nice talking to you,we should chat in person sometime.Whats your number I`ll give you a call sometime."
    If she says no then you`ve lost nothing but the likelihood is she`ll give you her number.
  • Options
    *excuse the laguage*

Don't worry I'm sure she doesn't hate you at all.

Next time just try and imagine your talking to one of your mates, maybe think of conversation before you see her. Stuff like, what you been up to/ what you doing this weekend/ this disco is shit isn't it? sort of thing.