Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

itchy *you know* =s

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i had sex with my bf, he was a little ruff and then after i felt itchy, after a day or so it went away then today my clit has been feeling itchy, i have no bad odar or anything it just itchs and look reds.
ive tried looking it up on the internet, but it dont really help theres so many different answers.... just irritation from the ruff sex.... start of a yeast infection etc etc

i had it once before but i used a cream that was given to me by the doctor called canesten and it went away.

has anyone had this problem before

Comments

• Options
    Yes...Thursh!

Have you tried Canesten Duo?
  • Options
    hmm i was thinkign that, is that the cream if yes then yes i used it last time
  • Options
    yeah you need to use canesten cream. i had the exact same thing that you're descibing and i used that cream and it cleared right up :)
  • Options
    as others have said, it sounds like thrush to me.
    Canestan duo is the best thing :yes:
  • Options
    patrick*gringo*patrick*gringo* Posts: 147 Helping Hand
    Hi there, thrush is a common prob. You can get more info on it- including what to do about it here. There are also a bunch of questions that we've had on thrush recently that you might be interested in. Of course, if your symptons persist it's important to get expert medical advice.
  • Options
    I am so glad that i found this thread, the exact same thing is happening to me! Do you need a prescription or can you buy it without?
  • Options
    you can buy it from the chemist for about a tenner, but you can get it on prescription too and thats cheaper obviously
  • Options
    does the dr have to examine you to give the prescription? thats the only thing that puts me off.
  • Options
    not necessarily. You dont have to let them.
    I did get the doctor to have a look the first time i had it because i didnt know thats what it was, but ive been since and just told them i had thrush and they just write the prescription.
  • Options
    If you're more comfortable, a lot of practises have a nurse you can see instead, then they get a doctor to write the prescription.