Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Curry stain on cream carpet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
BAH!!!!

Disaster. Won't come out. Have used power cleaner, 1001 and a big massive machine thing but its still very yellow. Any suggestions before I kiss my bond goodbye?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Copious quantities of concentrate fairy liquid and a lot of elbow grease?

Always worth a shot, and make it the real brand, not some own brand equivalent.

Pour it all over, then really really really really really really scrub it, with one of those abrasive sponge things you get for cleaning dishes (usually green, with a dark green top surface). Probably best to wear rubber gloves to do it, otherwise you'll get sore hands.

Definitely worth a shot, I'm a big fan of Fairy as a stain remover at the moment.
    Stardrops?

I know its a weird suggestion but i will forever be thankful for it after it got black nail varnish out of my mums new beigey cream carpet :yes:
    I didn't think you could remove tumeric but http://www.care2.com/greenliving/turmeric-stain-removal.html
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    As an ex carpet fitter and somebody who used to deal with insurance jobs I recommend white spirit. Nothing is better at takign stains out of a carpet.
    Weekender Offender 
    This happened to me once, curry usually contains natural dies which are near impossible to remove without bleaching the carpet.

So if the carpets cream im guessing a white patch is probably going to look bad too!
    The vanish carpet stain remover has worked for me in the past.