Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fancying a mate's sister

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So what happens if you fancy your mates sister? Do you act on it or not?
Help please! lol

Comments

• Options
    depends if you are really close with the mate or not.
  • Options
    He's not one of my real close best mates, no. But I've known him a while and we work together.
  • Options
    Yeah. What's he gonna do? It's not like you're just wanting to fuck her and leave her. It's none of his business. Might be a nice gesture to ask though.

Just a quick question....is he bigger than you? Could you outrun him? :p
  • Options
    If your not that close don't worry about it.
    Go for it.
  • Options
    Best mate's sister = no go area

"Sort of" mate's sister = fair game for a relationship.

In neither instance should you have any kind of casual relationship with her. Nor should you ever treat her badly, in any way. It would be difficult for you, him and her in the future and do you really want to ruin a friendship because of something like that?
  • Options
    Go for it Ed, you stud.

:p
  • Options
    with out sounding cheesy but my mum was best mates with my dad's sister. We are supposed to meet people around us in order to meet the 'one' so why not her? Perhaps ask him first so that he doesn't feel as though you are going behind his back though.
  • Options
    Only thing that might make it a bit more iffy is if she's a lot younger than you two.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Out of curiosity (and some personal interest), do you mean "fancy" in an "I really like you" way or an "I think you're super hot" kind of way?
  • Options
    Yeah I see what you guys mean, it's not like I'd be doing anything wrong but it just doesn't seem very right somehow. :confused:

Indrid, it's definately not a "I think you're super hot" thing, I just think she's very pretty and we get along really well. :)
  • Options
    In that case, I don't see anything wrong with it personally.
    And actually, I don't get this whole "mate's sister" thing at all. I mean, let's use some logic here.
    1. I assume that if someone is your mate, he must be someone that you think is a good guy.
    2. I also assume that you'd want your sister to be with a good guy.
    So, unless one of my assumptions is wrong, nobody should have a problem with this kind of thing...
  • Options
    well
    being an older brother

I would say fuckin leave well alone

Especially the fact you work together
  • Options
    well
    being an older brother

I would say fuckin leave well alone

Especially the fact you work together
    Would you care to explain which of my assumptions is wrong then? Genuinely curious. Since it's a personal request you can PM me the answer if you want, but I think it's relevant to the thread as well.
  • Options
    Would you care to explain which of my assumptions is wrong then? Genuinely curious. Since it's a personal request you can PM me the answer if you want, but I think it's relevant to the thread as well.

I suppose it's like licking a tramp covered in chocolate it might be nice, but deep down it feels wrong.
  • Options
    If it's anything like my younger brothers then it's something along the lines of yeah I like my mates, yes I like my siblings, but that doesn't mean that I think the two go well together, and in many ways as an older sister I'd rather they stayed single forever.
  • Options
    under normal circumstances I wouldnt' say its a no no but you have to be prepared for a serious relationship thing - not just a couple of snogs - however because your going away in a cople of months your not really in a position to be exploring serious relationships.

Soo i'd say no not for now - but maybe when you get back.........

x
  • Options
    It depends how close you are to your mate and to his sister. I wouldnt advise mucking her around or you could lose his friendship as well. And if hes her older brother he might be a lot more protective then he comes across (like mine).
  • Options
    A mates sister of any kind is always out of bounds...id steer clear tbh
  • Options
    Just look at most of these 'testosterone' filled replies.

If two people ought to be togther, allow them to be together - best mate or not!

Obviously, it would be an unwritten rule not to fuck her about but at least give them the chance for happiness.

This 'big brother', 'protective' stuff is kinda neanderthal. Girls can look after themselves these days - and rightly so.
  • Options
    i think everyone has fancied some of there mates sisters at some stage...its always been a no go area for us but it depends wat your mate is like whether he would take it light heartedly or not???
  • Options
    Totally depends on you, the mate and the sister.

I've had things going on with my brothers' mates before and they have HATED it, but there was nothing they could do about it anyway. It's if and when the shit hits the fan that the problems start, really...

If both parties are interested then that's their business - unless the brother is a fucking massive bruiser then I'd go for it ;) :thumb:
  • Options
    Sorry but all the anti-neanderthal comments make me laugh.. whatever !

If one of my mates talks about shagging some girl up the arse last weekend or is constantly gossing about fit girls with you then you're not going to want them going out with your sister are you??

When it's someone you don't know, ignorance is bliss!

Plus then you have the situation where if you argue with your mate or sister, it causes a problem in the OTHER relationship.

Both of these situations I have been in from EXPERIENCE, not just talking shit about neanderthals etc

And believe it or not, sometimes other people, including girls DO need to be looked after..

Infact, I wish I'd giving a few other select ex's of my sisters a hiding instead of trying to be all nice about it and I would of saved a few tears in the family lol.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    under normal circumstances I wouldnt' say its a no no but you have to be prepared for a serious relationship thing - not just a couple of snogs - however because your going away in a cople of months your not really in a position to be exploring serious relationships.

Soo i'd say no not for now - but maybe when you get back.........

x

Yeah this is what I was thinking.
  • Options

If one of my mates talks about shagging some girl up the arse last weekend or is constantly gossing about fit girls with you then you're not going to want them going out with your sister are you??

Plus then you have the situation where if you argue with your mate or sister, it causes a problem in the OTHER relationship.

Both of these situations I have been in from EXPERIENCE, not just talking shit about neanderthals etc

And believe it or not, sometimes other people, including girls DO need to be looked after..

Infact, I wish I'd giving a few other select ex's of my sisters a hiding instead of trying to be all nice about it and I would of saved a few tears in the family lol.

Of course it's not shit. For most of your young life, you probably hated her (as young siblings often do) but suddenly now that she can pick and choose the guys she likes, you don't want her to go out with your best mate? :)

And if you best friend is such a cunt, maybe you ought to re-evaluate the quality of the friends that you hang out with. :P

And yes, sometimes girls DO need looking after - but some blanket ban on them seeing your best mate is just silly.

And as long as he hasn't fucked her around and their separation is amicable, what's the problem? If my sister got badly fucked about or beaten up by her boyfriend, any guy would would be in the firing line for their treatment of her - not just a best mate.

The point I am trying to make is that your best mate and your sister may be IDEALLY suited - but your unnecessary overprotection may deny her that happiness.

As Briggi indicated, they should just go for it. And if he is your best mate, then he ought to be the quality of person who would know that he can't afford to fuck her about ...
  • Options

Of course it's not shit. For most of your young life, you probably hated her (as young siblings often do) but suddenly now that she can pick and choose the guys she likes, you don't want her to go out with your best mate? :)

And if you best friend is such a cunt, maybe you ought to re-evaluate the quality of the friends that you hang out with. ;)

And yes, sometimes girls DO need looking after - but some blanket ban on them seeing your best mate is just silly.

And as long as he hasn't fucked her around and their separation is amicable, what's the problem? If my sister got badly fucked about or beaten up by her boyfriend, any guy would would be in the firing line for their treatment of her - not just a best mate.

The point I am trying to make is that your best mate and your sister may be IDEALLY suited - but your unnecessary overprotection may deny her that happiness.

As Briggi indicated, they should just go for it. And if he is your best mate, then he ought to be the quality of person who would know that he can't afford to fuck her about ...
  • Options
    I agree with you Teagen, but then I don't have a little sister so I wouldn't know what it's like. It just doesn't seem right, but either way I'll have to leave it until I'm back I reckon...