Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Talk to Frank

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
shameless%20frank200-thumb.jpg

Nah, seriously now. I remember a while ago there were quite a few of us (Bong being one of the pioneers) emailing talktofrank.com about some of their really shameful articles and biased information about drugs - however, having used it lately, it seems a lot better. Those who've had a look lately - do you reckon the site is now a much better site for us lot to go on for drugs advice? And given that the majority of us who use this site will use sites that are less likely to be polarised toward an anti drug taking ethos (Such as Erowid) - would you be happy for your (possibly hypothetical) kids to be going on sites like TalktoFrank for their drug advice?

I post this because I remember e-mailing 'Frank' with the various problems I had with the information on the site, and I know a few of the regulars from here also had a problem. Also, this sort of thread might be interesting for people who aren't regulars of the drugs forum - and help show them that we aren't all hippies who smoke crack every day (other than Turlough ;))

Comments

• Options
    Doofay wrote: »
    .. that are less likely to be polarised toward an anti drug taking ethos (Such as Erowid) -

:confused:
  • Options
    Haven't visited talk to frank in a while so I don't know if or not it's got any better. But i would not really want my hypothetical kids using it as a source of drugs information unless it made significant improvements.

Check out this site I found, http://www.girlshealth.gov/substance/glossary.htm if that's the education american kids are being given on drugs then god help them.
    Rather amusing still though....... 'Many people who take LSD die because it is like their mind tricks them into doing dangerous things.' And i love how it goes on to give so much advice on how to prevent this entirely preventable outcome.....

'People who use marijuana may feel relaxed and happy. But the bad news is that this drug causes many other problems that are not good for your health. It makes you less alert and takes you longer to react to things—for example, you might not take your hand away from a hot stove quickly enough. Many people do not believe that it is addictive, but it actually is.'..... Just funny.

I also love the way cocaine/crack are put under the exact same category, I for one was not aware they had the exact same effects, well you learn something new everyday....
  • Options
    Its gone from down right dangerous to just poor, and of course they fail to notice that the risks they are warning about are largely caused by the law itself, not the drugs.

I will give them some credit for improving, but they couldnt have made it worse.
  • Options
    FRank.ly

Hi, new to this site hope i can add something to this.

i was looking on the frank site other day and was far impressed by the changes thay have made to the site tho am still troubled on how they have glamorised the use of drugs. my self i am a user of many but still understand the effect that will come, just by telling some 1 how they MIGHT feel isnt the end so much more can happen in diffrent given situations, the use of drugs i belive should b regulated how i dont know some 1 with more grey matter can work that out.
    also the frankbot messenger thing bugs every where.. ask for info on speed then the law takes you off to law on alcohol.... school boy misstake. made in a hurry imo .

- Peace

Wales the green desert.