Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Arrggggghhh Unorganised men !!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am just getting this off my chest, I dont have anyone I can talk to at the moment and I'm quite upset.

My boyfriend asked me last week if I wanted to spend boxing day with him, I did say I would love to but would have to let him know, there was a legitimate reason I couldn't say without checking with someone else what their plans were, and if needed arranging care for my pets.

So today, I have been a bit emotional because of things that are changing in my life and the fact that he's really busy and can't see me this weekend. I understand the plans he has and I wouldn't ask him to change them and I haven't been all sulky or anything because I'm not that kind of person. I mentioned that I could come over on boxing day and we can have a mini christmas day as we discussed, and he then tells me that hes going to see his dad all day, he might or might not be coming home in the evening and if he is I could come over about 10 but he wouldn't know till boxing day.

I just feel so very empty and lonely, I have a few friends, all are coupled up though and I can't intrude on their family christmas times. My parents don't really bother with christmas much, I see them to exhange presents in the morning for about half an hour but thats it. I did used to spend the festive period with my husband and his family and this is the first year I have been in this situation. I obviously don't expect him to not see his family but surely he could have said to his dad that he was definately going to be leaving around 6-7 ish and then make plans with me.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He could you are a right but I know a few blokes like this and to be honest - they just don't get it.

I personally would do what you said, but at the end of the day some people just don't see the problem as it's their christmas as well.

Can't really offer any advice, bit shit I know.. But I hope you don't get too lonely at christmas x
    So, let me get this right.

He asked you to spend Boxing Day with him, but you might not have been able to.

Having check you realise that you can.

He's now made other plans.

Is that right?

If so, why would it have been okay for you to have other plans but it's not okay for him?
    I specifically asked if it would be ok to let him know this week as I needed to arrange care for my dogs if I was going to stay overnight. He said letting him know this week wasn't a problem.

I don't have issues with him not being available I am just annoyed that he asked me, agreed that it would be acceptable to let him know this week and then made other plans anyway and didnt tell me until I brought the subject up.
    I specifically asked if it would be ok to let him know this week as I needed to arrange care for my dogs if I was going to stay overnight. He said letting him know this week wasn't a problem.

I don't have issues with him not being available I am just annoyed that he asked me, agreed that it would be acceptable to let him know this week and then made other plans anyway and didnt tell me until I brought the subject up.

Yeah that sounds like the sort of dipshit thing I'd do!! :o I'm sure you can work something out so you see each other day after etc. If you can't then being on your own isn't so bad really....plus you have thesite.org so you'll never be alone again! :p

Rant all your want get it off your chest! :)
    Have xmas dinner with your dogs!! Save getting a baby sitter!!

I hate xmas anyway, would rather be on my own than showing my face at family do's!!
    I know a few blokes like this and to be honest - they just don't get it.

yeah.
    we dont get how you overreact and try to find hidden meanings in everything.

its no biggie really, is it?
    drumbeat wrote: »
    yeah.
    we dont get how you overreact and try to find hidden meanings in everything.

its no biggie really, is it?

Well it's rude isn't it?

Asking your girlfriend round for boxing day, she says she'll let you know, you say no prob.

The next week she says 'That's fine' and you say 'actually, I've made other plans now, but you might be able to see me about 10pm, or err, whenever I can fit you in'.

I'm not saying he wasn't allowed to make other plans, but if you invite someone and they come back to you, then you say you've changed your mind then it's the same as blowing someone off. And on boxing day that seems a bit harsh.

But as with what the others said, spend the day with your pets, watch some films, maybe see some friends in the day too :) (most people don't spend the whole day with their family anymore!).
    Arrggggghhh Unorganised men !!!

And women? In my experience anyway...:)
    Thanks for the replies guys, I was a bit down on the day I posted about other things as well as the whole boxing day thing.

We had a calm chat about it and I explained how I felt, bless he was very lovely about it all, had totally forgotten that I had asked for some time to check and thought I had said no I couldn't make it which was why he did make alternative plans. He offered to try to cancel but since they are plans with his family I said it was ok but that it would be nice if he could set some time aside over the festive period to spend with me and its all sorted.
    Arrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh women reading too far into things and jumping to conclusions, oooooopss should have being a new thread!! :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Arrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh people being mad at one person and bringing their sex into it as if it somehow automatically defines everyone of the same one.
    The Arrrrrrrrrghhh unorganised men thing was definately tongue in cheek but I guess humour doesnt come across well this way on the net.