Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sorry, need a rant...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Stupid effing student loan company. I'm going go MAD if someone on the stupid shitty automated telephone doesn't help me out SOON:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tell me about it. My experiences of the SLC - when they get it right, they're brilliant. When there's a problem, or when they get it wrong, they're awful. I still hadn't received my student loan at the end of October, when I left. They say it's now going to be paid September next year, and they'll send me the forms at the end of next summer. Somehow, I'm not holding my breath.

And why they think the automated telephone system is so useful, I don't know.
    Yeah I rang up recently because I got a letter asking me if I was employed or on a further study course - well I am both so I just wanted to clarify what to put, but then the sodding automated service just repeated the instructions sent with the form and told me how to fill it in AGAIN - as if I can't read - then told me the call centre was closed. And the website told me my ART ID wasn't valid even though I was copying it off a letter they sent me, and I've never been sent any of these passwords they keep asking for. Fun!
    Firefly85 - don't get me started on the crappy website:banghead:
    I know, they may as well not have one for all the good it does me, although I'm sure it must have helped someone at some point!
    The best part is where they tried to tell me that they needed some of the paperwork that my mum had already sent in for my sister. And that me and said sister (we're twins) couldn't BOTH do it online (not that it did me any good doing it that way ffs) because of the way their accounts and passwords are given out.

Oh, and my loan doesn't even cover my rent. Overdraft living is not good.
    Might be worth seeing if anyone from your uni has any more joy.

I know I've ended up getting Tutorial to sort out all the problems I've had with SLC, they seem to co operate with the uni slightly more than the students.
    I know I've ended up getting Tutorial to sort out all the problems I've had with SLC, they seem to co operate with the uni slightly more than the students.
    That's because universities are effectively massive, multi-million pound organisations who, if they don't receive the tuition fees from the SLC on time, aren't scared to kick up a huge fuss. Whereas the SLC can just drag on a dispute with an individual, they can't do that with an entire university.
    ^^

Yup, but it's well worth knowing as a student that SLC do actually treat the uni staff differently and thus it's always worth trying to get your tutor or someone from the finance office to chase them.