Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

session expiry time (Not a problem but a suggestion)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Hello,
i am visiting this site like for 6 months, its great and nice to read people thoughts. But one thing which i hate is that, when i read a whole thread like in 2-5 min depending upon how much long it is, and then wanted to reply or go somewhere else, i comes to me that my session is over now and i have to login again. I mean session time has to be at least 30 min. because when i login i make sure that i don't read one thread again. And know which thread has most recent replies and what is new thread. But when after 5 min (of no activity, of course when i am reading a thread), and if it came to me that i have to login again, it just screwed me.

Can thesite.org team increase this time? like to 30 minutes.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've asked the same before, but they said there would be some kind of problem, I forget what. Which sucks really...
    What I do usually, if I'm going to read a long thread, is to go back out of the thread after each page and go back in.
  • Options
    I've asked the same before, but they said there would be some kind of problem, I forget what. Which sucks really...
    What I do usually, if I'm going to read a long thread, is to go back out of the thread after each page and go back in.

Thanks that i am not the only one who has the this problem otherwise i was just wondering it is only me.

But what kind of problem they face, i personally running a forum and it is just in my own hands to extend that thing. I don't know what they are talking about.
  • Options
    The session time is set at 15 minutes, which we are happy with, especially since it directly relates to who is listed as online - so it would be far too deceptive to change that to over 15 minutes. To claim someone is online after 29 minutes of being away is far too long.

If you aren't choosing to stay logged in (the remember me option achieves this) then you shouldn't be thrown out until 15 minutes of activity has passed.

So try and select the 'remember me' option, which means you won't need to login - or I'm afraid you'll have to accept 15 minutes.

If you are being logged out in 2- 5 minutes then the problem is on your end though. Try to clear your cache or try an alternative browser and see how it goes.
  • Options
    muh.adil wrote: »
    I don't know what they are talking about.

You might want to wait for a reply before deciding that? You know, just to be polite :)
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    You might want to wait for a reply before deciding that? You know, just to be polite :)

when i write "I don't know what they are talking about." i actually was refering to the response of "Indrid Cold" in which "Indrid Cold" said that, he get the reply that from thesite.org,
    "but they said there would be some kind of problem", so i was referring to that sentence!
  • Options
    But where is this "remember me" option?
  • Options
    Where you login -

log out and when you enter your username and password, before pressing the login button tick the little box above it marked 'remember me'
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Where you login -

log out and when you enter your username and password, before pressing the login button tick the little box above it marked 'remember me'
    thanks sir.
  • Options
    no problem :)