Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

SELF HARM ADVERTS

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
As an anime and horror fan, you'd think that I'm not easily offended.
However, if you've read my posts you'd know how I feel about self harm, quite strongly.

However, whilst skimming through one of me mate's alternative music mags, I came across an advert which really offended me. It was using self-harm to sell someone's records and had a very explicit picture to go with it. I also saw adverts for Tshirts which say things like "JESUS IS A W*NKER".

I respect that some people have different opinions about religion, but using self-harm to sell records is evil.

Any opinions
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    fucking goths theyre all freaks n into that shit
    As far as I know there are two main kinds of self harm, people who do it because of stress/depression or both and those who chose to do it to themselves because they get a kick out of it.
    I see it as the people who do it because of stress and that need to be helped, and people who do it coz they get a kick out of it well as long as their not trying to get other people to do it and they know about the damage they are doing to themsleves just leave them be, they'll be sorry for it one day!
    As for the self harm picture to sell records I agree with you I think it is sick and encourages others to do it which is really sad as people can damage themselves badly.
    i think that was metal hammer magazine, the band "amen". not goths but they slash their arms open on stage and on the cover disc was a home video of them cutting their wrists.
    Originally posted by dirty_harry:
    i think that was metal hammer magazine, the band "amen". not goths but they slash their arms open on stage and on the cover disc was a home video of them cutting their wrists.

I hope they bleed to death!!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    Hmmmm, i think its the music they listen to. I dont agree with the bit about Jesus (but that could be cause im a christian), and yeah, i am not easily offended, but i think i would too if i saw something like that. When publishing these mags u gotta remember they could get into the wrong hands. You dont want some 10 yr old looking at it and thinking its kool.