Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cheap Flight Tickets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm looking at going back to camp in New York next year. The company I go with either offer to pay flights and such or you pay them less and arrange your own. I'm looking at leave mid June next year returning September. Can anyone recommend where I could look at for cheap flights from UK to America :)
Thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheaptickets.com, Cheapair, Hotwire, Priceline. I've learned recently flights are much cheaper the closser it comes to the date. Wyetry taught me that flights are much cheaper when you get alot closser to the date you are flying too. Much much cheaper I've found out!
  • Options
    I got an email saying prices of tickets to the USA are going up about £20 to £30 next week cos some new fuel tax comes into effect

There's certainly no shortage of cheap flights to New York though

I didn't understand the original poster's comments about they pay / you pay.
  • Options
    www.skyscanner.net is a really good flight comparison site. Check it out.
  • Options
    sign up to the newletters of all the airlines who fly to where you want to go - often they have sales on at random times in the year.
    Also look at zoom - who do cheap flights to the states.

icelandic air also do some cheap deals via iceland.

US airlines are cheaper if you go through expedia etc - UK/european airlines are cheaper if you go direct to them.

If you want to go really cheaply then you can always fly air india - who bizzarely have a flight to new york via london - however this is the flight of last resort.

Ohh and if you leave it too close to when you want to travel the flights start going up again - so if your not booking in a sale then you need to aim to book around 3 months in advance.