Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

women playing "hard to get".???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do most women play hard to get at the start of a relationship??? I'm in the earlt days of a relationship and shes always at it!! I've to text her first and she writes back EXACTLY 15 minutes later everytime!! And she ALWAYS 15 mintues late!! maybe she just has a thing for 15 minutes!!:) :):)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And you had to wait more than 15 minutes for your first reply. :p

Either she's playing hard to get, or she's hopelessly unorganised. Both are equally possible.
    is there any sense that she's waiting a long time for you to text here? She may be playing games of the 'well, if he's not going to text me for ages then I won't reply for ages' game?

Me and my Boyfriend used to text a lot (I was still living with the ex so phonecalls were out of the question) but I used to sometimes get annoyed if he didn't respond quickly. Now that we've been together a while I don't tend to let it bother me unless he seems to be avoiding answering a question :D .
    maybe she's just thinking of something to write back ?

i usually text back straight away or take a while thinking of something to say or sometimes i forget to text back.
    hahahahahaha im doin it to her now! takes about an hour to have a simple conversation!!! hahaha love is funny!!!:)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    The wonderful thing about text is that it is non obtrusive. So, if you are busy doing something, you can wait until you are finished before you text a response. Maybe she is busy?

The other thing to consider is, maybe your message doesn't get to her instantly. I have lost count of the number of times I have sent a text and it didn't get there instantly. Maybe there is a bit of a delay either at your end or hers.

Seriously, dude, 15 minutes isn't that big a deal. If you want instant responses, why not phone her.
    I live for two useful facilities.
    1) Delivery reports - so I know when it got there.
    2) My capacity to say 'what're you up to?' so if she says 'i'm at work' she has an excuse...
    She probably has other things to do other than texting/phoning you all day.
    I try so HARD to play hard to get, but I'm just rubbish at it!
    guys always do that to me!
    they always text back the exact amount of time it took me to text back
    & it gets really anoying if i read there text 2 hours or somthing after they sent it cause i was at work so couldnt check my phone or somthing cause then i know i'll have to wait 2 hours for their reply it drives me mental!
    I am hard to get. unless I've had a sniff of a shandy
    That isn't "hard to get"...