Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My ex has a new gf!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
And I'm pissed off because I'm pissed off about it!!

We broke up (ok I dumped him) ages ago and I thought I was over him. Think I am really. But its just annoying that he's got off with someone else and I'm still single :banghead:

I know that sounds selfish, but does anyone know what I mean? Please tell me its normal.

Part of me's like "good for him" and part of me's just doesn't want him to have a gf when I havent found a guy yet. Some dumb competitive thing, I think.

End of ramble.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's not uncommon, but I wouldn't say it was normal. You dumped him, you don't have any real right to feel this way.
    Im sure its normal although hes done nothing wrong obviously so if youre going to quietly seethe, make sure you dont let it show.
    Perfectly natural feeling.

It'll go soon but don't make the mistake of getting with someone your not too keen on just so you've got a partner too.
    kate- wrote: »
    Perfectly natural feeling.

It'll go soon but don't make the mistake of getting with someone your not too keen on just so you've got a partner too.

:yes: I think you always get a little pang when you see your ex with someone else, no matter how it ended.
    Kiezo wrote: »
    you don't have any real right to feel this way.

I know I dont have any RIGHT, but hey since when are emotions logical? I know I'm being selfish and he's done nothing wrong & all that. I was just wondering if other people feel the same.

Thanks for replying everyone :thumb:
    :yes: i am in the exact same situation as you! i dont want him, but i dont like it that he has found someone before me when i was the one ending it with him!

grrrr!
    Kiezo wrote: »
    It's not uncommon, but I wouldn't say it was normal. You dumped him, you don't have any real right to feel this way.

I disagree. I think you have every right to feel this way - feel however you want to feel.

What you don't have a right to do is act on it and give him hassle in that situation, but I'm sure you're not planning on doing that anyway.

Everyone feels a little cross when they see their ex happy, I think, whatever the circumstances of the break-up. Just try to focus on your more magnanimous feelings and be happy for him, and like others have said, don't rush into a new relationship just out of competition!
    Get over it.

first you dump, then you whine.

man up and carry on. all I can say to that, as mean as it might sound.
    Pringle, I had that happening but the opposite way round. I had a girlfriend in 1996. We were both 17. She was my first, but she already had a number of boys before she met me.