Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lack of motivation..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm really disappointed in myself. I have 1200 word assignment due in less then a fortnight, and I've hardly started - but where's my motivation gone :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i have no motivation too :( cept i have to do my first draft of dissertation (5000 words) for after xmas and i havent started!! :no: plus i have another deadline next thursday and again, have done very little.

its just so much easier to sit around doing nothing than work :p .. much like what im doing now in fact!
    soraliah wrote: »
    i have no motivation too :( cept i have to do my first draft of dissertation (5000 words) for after xmas and i havent started!! :no: plus i have another deadline next thursday and again, have done very little.

its just so much easier to sit around doing nothing than work :p .. much like what im doing now in fact!

When I wrote my dissertation I found it easiest to set myself a per day word count target, I found this helped a lot. Even if it needs a lot of refining and editing at a later stage it is good just to get something down on paper.
    I have to hand some work in in a few hours, and... er... I've just downloaded the software, but I'm going to sleep now and work in the morning so, it'll just have to be shit. Next dealine, I will be more organised.
    1200 words in a fortnight doesn't sound too bad.

Find a couple of things you want to do and limit yourself to not doing them until you've done x, be it read x book for written x wrods.
    I'm the same I keep sitting down to do something and keep getting distracted! I've got two 3000 words assignements to do one for the 10th and the other the week after. I've also got 2 learning profiles to do for my placement :rolleyes:
    :eek2: I don't understand the question.

Motivation is something which happens at 11.30 the night before it's due in, isn't it?!
    :eek2: I don't understand the question.

Motivation is something which happens at 11.30 the night before it's due in, isn't it?!

Thats what I thought too ;) Only once or twice have I written something farther ahead than the night before and I got bad grades on them, everything else does good when its pushed out the night before! Why just tuesday night/wednesday I had to write 2500 words for wednesday evening on something I hadn't even read most of the sources for yet and do some database research. That one turned out excelent!

Come summer I'm going to try an independent study class which I'll probably fail just because there will be no deadlines!
    My first essay I did the reading the day before, and the writing in the evening. I got 65% which I thought wasn't too shabby for a start!

I dunno how to motivate yourself more though.
    katralla wrote: »
    I have to hand some work in in a few hours, and... er... I've just downloaded the software, but I'm going to sleep now and work in the morning so, it'll just have to be shit. Next dealine, I will be more organised.

It was a bag of shit. I did pass though... Perhaps I should start the work for the next deadline now? er, na!
    motivation will come when you realize you've just got to get it done... the deadline is a week away... or tomorrow...
    Well I've got 10 days to do it...but I'm busy the whole of next weekend so that's cut it down to 6/7 days. And there is abolsutely no lee-way with deadlines like you could blag at school, I've decided to bite the bullet and begin.

I am 478 words in, 722 to go!

Eurgh!
    If you can't do a 1200 word essay in an evening, you need more practise at being a student.