Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ideas for childrens tv programme

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Right, one of my assignments for this term is to design a a set for a saturday morning childrens programme - (ie - along the lines of 'dick and dom in da bungalow, smtv live, live and kicking etc etc)

initially i was going to go down the route of a fair/carnival - but i couldnt really come up with any concrete ideas that i could put into a design that would be any good

soo i got to thinking before and i have now decided to have an alien themed set.
i have loads of ideas as to what the set is going to be like, BUT the problem is, i also have to come up with a name for the 'programme'

what could i call my show that is alien/space related?? bearing in mind that its a kids programme (with celebrities coming on it, games, competitions etc)

my mind has drawn a complete blank!!
planet ... , space .... , alien ... argh i dont know!!

anyone have any ideas?!! :angel: thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wow, what course are you doing? it sounds well fun!

maybe part of the idea could be to change an image of a celebrity so they are morphing into an alien and the kids have to guess who it is or something.
    Nutter wrote: »
    wow, what course are you doing? it sounds well fun!

maybe part of the idea could be to change an image of a celebrity so they are morphing into an alien and the kids have to guess who it is or something.

cool idea!! ive got to come up with a 'game area' within the set too so that would be an idea that i could use for that :yes:
    ive got it into my head that i want a game involving a child/children getting covered in gunge.. like if they dont answer a certain amount of questions right about their favourite celeb etc they get covered in it. .. but i dunno :chin:
    its so hard coming up with firm ideas!

my course is 'TV and Film set design' btw :) so basically design sets for stuff like tv programmes and feature fims ('hopefully'!) ;)
    What about a sort of Men in Black type thing?
    Cheekily edited...
    DG wrote: »
    What about a sort of Men in Black Men type thing?
    Hey, there'll be children watching this...
    Spacerocks??
    Sorry to be snobbish, but this is higher education?
    Sorry to be snobbish, but this is higher education?

yeah its a university course..
    its all plans and elevations/technical drawings so very similar to architecture but for film. very similar to interior design too, so if i finish my degree and dont want to work in film i could do that instead. if i wanted

thanks btw for ideas people :)
    Spacerocks??

really like that idea!!! thanks :) might well call it that :D
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Cheekily edited... Hey, there'll be children watching this...

I meant the famous men in black chairs and stuff and very organic looking surrounds - no guns of course

http://a1.vox.com/6a00ccff97c2ad6ea500ccff856a89985d-500pi