Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

WiFi Connectivity - Turning on WiFi on my computer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there,
Was just wondering if anyone can help me.
My WiFi is enabled and can search for a connection, yet will not find any in range. It says I need to turn my WiFi on, on my computer.
However, I have a Easynote R4622 and the only way I know how to do this is by holding down the function key and pressing F1 (WiFi). The major problem is that my function key was broken pretty much when I first got my laptop by a water incident and refuses to work!
I was wondering if anyone else knows of any other way to turn on my WiFi without using the function key. This is so frustrating as I (think) I know what the problem is (which is simple) I just don't know the alternative.:confused:
Please help!!!!:(

Comments

• Options
    Some machines (laptops) have two back-lit buttons along the front edge, near to the touchpad. One is orange and the other is blue. The blue one (if it's on) indicates Bluetooth connectivity. The orange (again, if it's lit) will indicate wireless connectivity.

Failing that, there may be an option in the BIOS to have the wireless adapter enabled.
  • Options
    There are no LED lights on my laptop to indicate that the wireless is on. However it is enabled. How do I go into the BIOS and enable via there. Is this an alternative to the Fn key?
    x
  • Options
    My Easynote laptop has a button along the front edge to turn the WiFi on and off - the light is built into the switch itself
  • Options
    I've gone into the BIOS and it says its enabled :S still doesnt work! :(