Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Celtic Cup

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
what a complete arsehole Barwick is for not wanting England to join in this competition.

bigger fish to fry? :no: :no:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I think it is a shame that they won't take part. Apparently, they don't think it will pay enough. :|
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    O_o wrote: »
    what a complete arsehole Barwick is for not wanting England to join in this competition.

bigger fish to fry? :no: :no:

Yeah, if you're going to do it then do it properly.

He's probably not interested because England would get gubbed* and not be able to lord it over the other home nations like they normally do.

I don't see the point in it personally. It'd be far more productive to set up friendlies against Eastern European teams, seeing as it's those fuckers we can never beat.

*providing Scotland don't go for Souness as the new manager
    whole thing is a bad idea. those countries would benefit more from playing games against better quality opposition, plus half the wales team won't bother turning up unless they reach the final anyway.
    It would make an interesting summer, but that's about it. Who cares when we all have other things to worry about for the other years...?
    I only take an interest in football maybe every 2 years - world Cup + Euro Cup - but I think it seems like a nice idea.

And a good excuse to visit those four regions.

Anyway I thought England wasn't part of the Word Celtic

Celtic - a branch of the Indo-European family of languages, including esp. Irish, Scots Gaelic, Welsh, and Breton, which survive now in Ireland, the Scottish Highlands, Wales, and Brittany. Abbreviation: Celt