Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Manchester

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I know that there are a few people on here from around Manchester so thought it would be a good place to post. I'm off to Manchester this coming weekend,Thur-Mon, any recommendations on things to do/see/drink? :hyper:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    what sort of things are you into?

a universal appeal this time of year is the european markets, get yourself there and enjoy some foreign lager and mulled wine in the tents.

i'll be there in a couple of weeks, we go there annually and get messed up, its rather fun
  • Options
    Perhaps the Odean Cinema, a 3d film with a ben and jerrys yum yum

there is of course shopping!!

You could try to get yourself tickets with ITV for a tv show

Check out what is on at the palace theatre or the other one in the city centre which I can't remember the name on - see if there is anything you fancy

Then of course, there are lovely places to eat and some great clubs, but I'm sure someone else will be better telling you about that - a true manchesterain will be along soon!
  • Options
    drink wise it depends waht you're into really. for studenty places go to fallowfield, for fun and frolics go to canal street, mainstream the printworks and for dance go to sankeys. thats clubbing i suppose tho, anyway what everyone has said is totally right , the xmas markets are around and about, the ice rinks, snow slopes at the trafford centre. there is plenty to do!
  • Options
  • Options
    get lashed on Oxford Road. start at the top and come down.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys- I'm sure it'll be a fun weekend :D