Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Getting Older !!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I still felt like a kid at 18 - had a party, got drunk, nothing to worry about.
    Now I'm 21 and one of the oldest on my course, and the eldest in my circle of friends, I do worry sometimes about what I'm doing. There seems like so much pressure to be an 'adult' and at 21 I feel like I'm only just starting my teenage years - I have to remind myself I'm in my twenties lol.
    i think 20 is the scary age because although your 18 and legally an adult your still a teenager whereas 20 your a real adult :S
    Oh i wish i was 18 again (im 23 now :no:) just enjoy being a teenager while you can :)
    I love bein 18 its my best year so far lol
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I can't wait to be 18! :hyper:

Is it just me or is being 18 not cracked up to what people say it is? And no I'm not just saying that because 3 weeks ago someone refused to serve me orange and lemonade whilst I was in London.:(
    Melian wrote: »
    Is it just me or is being 18 not cracked up to what people say it is? And no I'm not just saying that because 3 weeks ago someone refused to serve me orange and lemonade whilst I was in London.:(

Of course it's all it's cracked up to be! You can go raving/clubbing/drinking without worrying about getting I.D'd, it was a dream come true for me.
    I still get ID'd. Actually, when I was there I got told that if I didn't have ID, I'd have to get someone to confirm that I was over 18. So I ended up getting this friend of a friend (who I'd only said hello to) to tell them I was 18.
    Melian wrote: »
    I still get ID'd.

I still get IDed now, and it's not a great deal of time til I'm 27. Point is that the beauty of being over 18 is that you can HAVE ID, and wave it smugly in the bouncer/barman/shop person's face :cool: