Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Phising Emails

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a heads up. Phising Emails are on the increase asking you to check the security on your back accounts. Suspect it's to do with them disks going missing and these people counting on folks panicing and clicking on the links.

Your bank/building society/credit card will NEVER contact you for such information.

I thank you.

:)

Comments

• Options
    I keep getting these. One thing that made me laugh was one time, I got an email from someone claiming to be from my bank. They said that my account was closed for whatever reason and I had to click this link to activate it again. They said it was down from Monday evening, even though I was logged in on Monday evening. How stupid do these people think we are?!
  • Options
    I think it's been on the increase for a while. My boyfriend and I have had emails claiming to be from every single UK bank asking us to check out accounts. All of this was before the data discs went missing. We only use one bank!
  • Options
    1180373297881990266.jpg

im calling from your bank

sorry, just reminded me of this
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote: »
    1180373297881990266.jpg

:lol:

That's the first thing I thought of as well.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    koe_182 wrote: »
    1180373297881990266.jpg

ROFL you legend!