Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sex?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know that everyone is different, but I suppose I would like opinions about how long you should wait in a relationship. I would like to get to know the person first, but would that put a guy off? I know this is very different for guys. Would a guy get fed up waiting, or if they really liked a girl enough, would they wait for her? What are your opinions. I have been thinking about this a lot as I find it very difficult to get into a realtionship and am starting to worry if this is the problem.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    You have sex when you're ready to be that intimate with the person. Not before, and not after.

Don't be bullied into sex, but don't wait for weeks because "he might be put off" if you really want to jump him now.

There's no magic formula for how long you wait. We had sex first and then discussed the relationship afterwards, and we've been together for over six years now.
  • Options
    any guys worth their salt will wait if its not right for you, i wouldnt worry about that.
  • Options
    Like Kermit, the relationship came after the sex, but tbh with you, the relationship was there beforehand, I just didn't know cos I didn't fancy him to start off with!!

Like the others have said, if he's decent, he'll wait ;):D
  • Options
    Yeh, sex is an intricite part of any relationship, you should find out how that goes and then think about a relationship imo. Up to you though. :thumb:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    You have sex when you're ready to be that intimate with the person. Not before, and not after.

Sums it up right there. As with all things, do it when you're prepared and ready.
  • Options
    Any decent guy will wait. You shouldn't have sex before you're ready to with a person and never feel like you have to to keep hold of a guy - if you're doing that they really aren't worth it.

Personally I enjoy sex too much and have no restraint so a week into a rel is about the longest I ever manage to last ;)
  • Options
    thanks for your opinions everyone, I really do appreciate it
    I have never been with a guy as I have never had relationship beyond 3 weeks, not sure if the former causes the latter or the latter causes the former (if you see what I mean!)
  • Options
    Hey, Just a thought, my best friend was a virgin until she was 24. She then met a guy who she really clicked with (she had other bf's before), they had sex after 2 months and are now married with a baby on the way (admittedly quick work as now only 26)! The point i am making is that she just felt that it was right. He had had loads of gf's before but would have waited for as long as was necessary because he loved her. Go with your heart and you will be ok :wave: