Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

commercial music

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
the last time i watched top of the pops was about 6-7 years ago..
greed is the key word!
why not leave some room for the bands and the real life acts.. not todays scams..
any one with the equipment could write a ditty, then send it off to companys and make amounts of cash.. one day people will see it..
kidies music...

i was in a band and i enjoyed playing to the crowd, they enjoyed the music what we played... whats happended to live acts!!!!!
instead of the kareoke of today!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What else can be said! jessicajet beat me to it! Like I said in a different topic about Slipknot etc. All I can do is feel sorry for the really mad fans who are getting scamed by these acts.
    Wouldn't really count n e of those bands indie Jennifer... indies like Oasis Blur Gomez Pulp stuff... which to be honest is shit n those bands u listed r.

As for the term 'commercial music' i's getting a bit too widespread now. What isn't commercial.. well the only fairly big bands I know of that havn't sold out in 1 way or another r Rage Against the Machine, Deftones and Tool.
    All the others even greats like Metallica and Korn have sold out in ways, but not to the extent of ppl like Limp Bizkit n Slipknot, although you can't see if Slipknot have sold out till we hear the New Album.
    People can say that loads of bands have sold out, if ya wanna make money u gotta do it.. Real underground music doesn't make money and u have to sell out a bit to make money... If I new changing my style of music would make me £50000000 I'd do it
    when i say commercial music i mean everyday top of the pops crap.....
    you dont really have to be commercial to gain dosh from the music.. think of hardcore and (proper) jungle, ragga and all of that.. you dont see dj ss or hype on tv or the radio (unless you picked up a pirate station)..
    all the hardcore stuff must get their dosh thru entry tickets to events.. i got many videos and tapes..
    anyone been to harcore heaven, or helter skelter events? pretty damn good....
    Ok u don't have to be caommercial to earn dosh but Do u think D.J Hype has as much money as Spice Girls??? nah... he might have made in his career about as much as they have for one song, u can earn a living but I doubt D.J Hype has even earnt as much as some lesser pop bands like(I dunno who r pop bands?)