Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Oasis: king bores of the 21st century

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Snore snore snore snore...<P class="body">A new Oasis album - hand me the valium. what is it with these guys and their fascination with rejurgitating old sounds, styles and tunes. i mean, if they wanted to be the beatles, why not just go on stars in your eyes, or even better, kareoke down the local pub. then at least the rest of us wouldn't have to put up with their shit songs, overinflated egos and dull personalities.<P class="body"><P class="body">
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Totally<P class="body">I'm up there with (ahem) Robbie Williams on this one....Noel Gallagher RIP.
    Originally posted by katherinejane:
    Totally<P class="body">I'm up there with (ahem) Robbie Williams on this one....Noel Gallagher RIP.
    <P class="body">Seriously now has any half decent music performer in any genre come out of the UK in the last few years?? Is the UK going to be subject to these crap board room created bands forever? When will the UK produce a band with musical talent and not just a couple of prats from Manchester?
    Hold on. oasis might be crap, but they weren't created in a board-room. Alan McGee from creation records "discoverd them" in a shit manchester club. <P class="body">as for good uk acts of the last few years - there's always S-CLUB 7!!! not.
    Ok, yeah right now Oasis are crap, that much is obvious. However, when they first came through they were amazing. Stupid young punks on the dole overflowing with arrogance and telling everyone how great they were. Now they are still arrogant and still tell everyone how great they are but it just sounds pathetic coming form pampered millionaires. If they can get back to their roots they will be great once more. They are still better than most of the rubbish in the charts and no one can argeu with that.
    OI! Oasis are not crap, by any stretch of the imagination.<P class="body">OK, I shall not lie by saying they are the most original band around, but they are quite simply a band who are good at the music that they do. Most "indie" is boring now. Not Oasis. Many "indie" bands are either becoming rockier or more abstract (Blur) or becoming, well, commerical crap (Yes, I'm looking at you Fran and co). Which is good, when you consider that the chart at the moment is full of sh**e. "I'll give you flowwwwwerrrrrrrrrs" (I'll give you a black eye....)<P class="body">

Fish.
    Oasis r shit allways were shit n allways will be.
    They're a talentless bunch of wankers, who for some reason people liked for a while, as for them being original, don't talk shit, they're four chords which made up most of they're songs were originally used by the Beatles n e way. English talent, well ther's enough of it about and in talent we're talking talent, not a bunch of wankers who can almost sing and almost play the guitar, try bands like Kill 2 this, Age of Ruin and Occupational Hazard. More talent comes out of their arses than what Oasis has.