Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

quit my job?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
would jacking in my job be a bad thing?

i want to get a new job to start in january. i have a lot of other things to do before in the meantime, and my current full time job is a bit rubbish, with rubbish pay. i only planned to be there for 3 months or so, as a stopgap... but now im 5 and a half months in, and im thinking of sacking it off and having a month of for christmas.

with no work, i would have more time to search for a new better job.
would it look bad if i was currently unemployed when applying for a new job?

to quit or not quit, that is the question...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends what you do, what you want to do and how easy it is to come across jobs like it...
    I always think 'keep the job' while you get another, I always do the opposite though so don't ask me! lol
    Depends what you do, what you want to do and how easy it is to come across jobs like it...

well at the moment im just doing a bogstandard warehouse job. just under £6 an hour. it was only supposed to bring in some money while im setting up a new business, but i unrealistically thought i wouldnt need a fulltime job after 3 months. it seems now that i may need a fulltime-job / backup-plan for at least another few months.

the job im doing right now isnt completely terrible, but the moneys shit, hours are long and its physical work, so my business is taking absolutly ages to set up. ive got a degree is graphics/photography, and im pretty good at it if i do say so myself. i fell out of love with it after i graduated, but i reckon it might be time to get back into something like that.

i would like a parttime job if possible, if i really save the pennies i reckon i could afford it...
    that said, i am open to doing a job in any field/area.
    honestly.
    No chance of you just cutting your hours where you work now to give you more time but still have some money coming in?
    i always thought there was...
    we have 8 fulltime and 2 parttime on the dock. the boss always found it difficult to get someone to fill the parttime slots, so we were always getting temps in, but they would leave pretty soon cos it wasnt enough hours.
    but recently we have two partimers who seem quite happy with the hours and they dont look like leaving for a while, so i dont think itll be as easy for me to go part time.
    did i explain that well?

if i dont ask i dont get, i suppose. my team leader doesnt rate my chances though...

the people i work with are (usuallly) a laugh, and i would hate to go and work somewhere with bitchy women and geeky lads. i should probaly just stick it out for a bit...