Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cocaine for the first time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend said the other day she had done cocaine before a couple of times and she could get hold of some and I have never done any drugs before but am very tempted to try the white powder.

Can anyone help a newbie, what sort of high do you get? Just how addictive is it? The biggest worry I have is getting hooked, as well as any sort of health problems.

And is the best way to snort? I have heard taking through the gums isn't as effective?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    First question from a health perspective, is do you or any of your immediate family members suffer from any heart disease or cardiovascular complaint? Do you already suffer from high blood pressure? Do you or any of your family have a history of Schizophrenia or Manic Depression?

If the answer is yes to any of those I'd steer clear - Cocaine puts double strain on these systems by stimulating the heart to make it work harder, while also thickening the blood - more work, more fast.

The quality of buzz depends very much on the amount and quality of the Cocaine, but also if you are with people you like/trust. If this is you first ever drug experience I recommend doing it somewhere familiar and relaxed, with people you trust.

From my perspective it was like a few waves of pleasure, a bit euphoric with peaks of confidence and self-assuredness. Other stories will probably vary, but generally you feel stimulated, confident, possessed of a certain sharpness, probably horny as well.

If you are going to snort it (which is more effective than rubbing it on your gumbs) just do a small line first - get your girlfriend to show you which one she's done and take one about 3/4 the size of that and use that as your baseline. Don't drink on top of it, wait until you see what the effect is like and build from there if you want to.

Just a reminder as well; when drinking and sniffing combine in the body they form another chemical; Cocaethylene. This means that your body is now bailing out three toxic substances; and cocaethylene is in its own right a chemical with an addiction potential. It can also lead to drinking and sniffing being inseparable, which can lead to dependency problems.

Cocaine is a habit forming substance, so approach with caution; the availability of it has meant that many weekend users have developed dependencies very quickly.

Also, my tupence - if you're the sort of person who buys Fair Trade, don't buy Cocaine. It is the single most unethical product you can buy; its production and trafficking are a chain of misery across continents. It funds horrific civil wars in Latin America, and keeps Right-Wing Guerilla groups such Columbia's 6th Brigade in their business of disappearance, torture and murder.

And its not just abroad; you will not have to go far up the trail in this country to find some pretty horrific people.

Hope some of this helps!
    Ok so the sensible advice would be not to try Cocaine. You probably won't think that much of it at first, espescially for how much it costs, but start doing it more and it won't take long until you're addicted, and lots of us can vouch for that.

However I know you're going to try it anyway if you're curious so all I can say is enjoy it, but remember that it isn't reality, you can't always feel like that and that it's too addictive and expensive to make a regular habbit.
    Martin_Bashir,

Very useful post many thanks, no history of anything like what you mention anywhere in the family at all, I have been with my girlfriend for over 6 months, it is a very safe and stable relationship shes quite a few years older than me and has done powder only a couple of times in her life and not for a while so she's not a regular drug taker and just I'd like to experience it once or twice with her.

Getting addicted is my biggest worry of all for so many reasons!

Many thanks also to pi''led for his help as well.
    J,

I appreciate your input and you are correct but I don't need drugs to enjoy life and have a good time I was just after a bit of info on taking the drug.
    Well I don't think it's necessarily the best advice J. This is a forum for discussing how people can manage the risks involved in the drugs they choose to use. It doesn't help to simply refuse to engage with people who are actually looking for ways to responsibily use drugs. But anyway this isn't the place for this debate and we'll leave this discussion for another time, and this thread for people who want to add any further advice.
    the idea of snorting someone just makes me feel sick really. i dont like it that this foreign powder is going to be absorbed into your blood stream in your nose. maybe its just me because im squemish, but i like having a nose which has no chance of caving in at some point!

Yeah we all felt like that at one stage. But you try it anyway because Cocaine is the 'cool' drug to be taking, realise the snorting isn't so bad and soon the idea of sorting that shit up your nose is very tempting.
    the idea of snorting someone just makes me feel sick really. i dont like it that this foreign powder is going to be absorbed into your blood stream in your nose. maybe its just me because im squemish, but i like having a nose which has no chance of caving in at some point!

It makes it even nicer to think it was probably made in an unhygienic jungle lab by someone with only a moderate amount of chemistry knowledge, then it was commercially cut with maybe an old painkiller or a heart medication - then put into a condom and swallowed, then shat out, then cut again with god knows what on another unclean surface.
    Hi everyone,

My girlfriend said the other day she had done cocaine before a couple of times and she could get hold of some and I have never done any drugs before but am very tempted to try the white powder.

Can anyone help a newbie, what sort of high do you get? Just how addictive is it? The biggest worry I have is getting hooked, as well as any sort of health problems.

And is the best way to snort? I have heard taking through the gums isn't as effective?

Thanks for any help!

These are ten things I know about Cocaine that hopefully might help you:

1. It's incrediably addictive
    2. It can be a complete waste of money
    3. Some dealers will cut it with shit to make more cash
    4. Not all people that snort coke will end up with noses like Daniella Westbrook
    5. It makes you feel fucking great
    6. IMO I never have a comedown
    7. People are always your best mate once you start racking up
    8. Becoming too attached or too dependant on it can happen to any type of person: chav on the dole or lawyer
    9. Snorting is the best way and gumming up any stray bits
    10. It's always a hell of a lot nicer when it's free

Hope that helped a bit
    what sort of high do you get?

It should be comfortable and noticable really to say the least. You'll feel your heart beating faster, Remember "set" and "setting" - the mind set you're in when taking, who you're with and where you are. It has a huge bearing. If drinking remember what's been said earlier about the cocaethelyne.
    Just how addictive is it? The biggest worry I have is getting hooked, as well as any sort of health problems.

Very is the short answer but - like anything - it's not like a movie where one snort and then you've got big Tony Montana piles. It happens over time but perhaps a shorter time than you'd think.
    The biggest worry I have is getting hooked, as well as any sort of health problems.

Not trying to be offensive but it's a good job you've come here to ask for advice as there are other health problems that you should probably be aware of if you don't want to die such as don't do it if you have any heart or hypertension issues. Obviously there's cocaine psychosis but that won't happen for years and years if you decide to keep using.

Snorting is the most common method, don't start doing 10 lines or anything stupid, keep it down to one or two because the strain on your heart on first go means that going over 1-2 is inadvisable and after that you'll find yourself needing bigger lines to get the same effect if you keep it up. IV'ing is the biggest high but obviously the biggest risk (dirty needles, throat bleeding etc.) so avoid. Smoking non-freebase coke is pretty pointless. I'm not so sure about taking it through the gums, it's an anasthetic so people thought rubbing it on their gums would let them know if it was the real stuff or not (because the gums would feel numb). Of course, that doesn't work because it could be cut with another anesthetic to produce the same effect.

Ask your girlfriend more about it before you do it and only do it if you want to. I'm not encouraging or discouraging you either, its your life.
    Thanks for any help!

No problem.
    remember that advert where someone runs to the toilet and then comes out with some coke theyve just shitted out? and the line is something like, this is where it all comes from? urgh nasty.

and the thing is its true. Coke isnt produced in this country, so pretty much guaranteed its got here in someones arse.
    and the thing is its true. Coke isnt produced in this country, so pretty much guaranteed its got here in someones arse.

So fuck, it's protected when it's up their holes, not like they shove coke by the handful up their arses and shit it out when they get to the UK.
    well yeah, it hasnt stopped me in the past, but it is pretty gross, not to mention fucking dangerous for the people that do it.
    but it is pretty gross.

A dick wrapped in a condom is all right but cocaine isn't? :chin: :p
    lol,I see what you are saying.

It is horrid though My cousins ex boyfriend had to spend some time in prison a few years back for smuggling cocaine. He was caught because the person he was doing it with, unfortunately had one of the condoms burst in his stomach. Of course he died and it was a pretty horrible horrible death. Apparently his eyes exploded or something with the pressure.
    The things people will do for money, so fucking risky.
    Not trying to be offensive but it's a good job you've come here to ask for advice as there are other health problems that you should probably be aware of if you don't want to die such as don't do it if you have any heart or hypertension issues. Obviously there's cocaine psychosis but that won't happen for years and years if you decide to keep using. .

Sharing tubes can lead to Hep C transfer.
    To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't bother with coke. It's not all its cracked up to be (pun not intended). But if you must, then be aware that it is incredibly moreish and if you dont watch out you will be hoovering it up like noo noo from the teletubbies.

If you are unfit and unhealthy I would think twice about it as it can really strain your heart. I wouldn't touch the stuff if I wasn't fit as a fiddle.. and even I find it a bit much.. racing heart etc.

Don't underestimate just how addictive it is. Obviously its not one line and you are hooked but I find when I have it I am itching for more for about a week afterwards.

Just be careful, or better yet, get some MDMA its a billion times better.
    Being an ex drug user i would say to anyone who wants to try cocaine, dont waste your money. If you are hell bent on the idea of being cool and taking drugs go and buy £5 of speed and do a quarter of it, you'll be off your tits for quite a while and the buzz is more enjoyable and intense. The only time that your going to get out of it on coke is if you snort about £500 worth or wash it up in to crack and smoke it. I must warn you that you are going to talk alot of shit to whoever you are with and they will be your best buddy when your speeding. People say that you have a bad comedown on speed but from my experience thats bullsh*t.... All the time you dont smoke loads of weed or hash or drink alcohol on it you wont have a bad comedown, if you are out clubbing then keep your fluid levels up because being dehydrated will give you a sh*t comedown, sleep deprovation is commonly associated with hallucinations after prolonged use of amphetamines...i.e if you havent slept for 3 days and your snorting speed like its going out of fashion then your going to have a drastic comedown and in most cases suffer depression and paranoia afterwards. After giving up my drug addiction it took me atleast 6 months to get my head straight. Looking back on it........ drugs are something everyone should try in life........ in moderation, its when they get out of control it all starts to go wrong.
    My first time doing coke was definitely an enjoyable experience. I was with my friend James. We were skating at our local park. (I smoke a lot of weed and James takes dabs.) He wanted me to go with him to our friend Lorenzo's house for some business. So we got in his car and he said, "Want a line?" And I thought about it for a minute. I had previously been interested in cocaine and had done plenty of research on it to have a good idea of what the high would be like. So I said, "Hell yeah." But naturally I was nervous. James got out the coke and laid out 2 fatty lines on his phone, put it on the center consol, rolled up a 20 dollar bill, and took one of he lines. Then he handed me the rolled up bill. I held it and looked at what was supposed to be my line. It looked a little big for my first time so I had him cut it in half. James understood the fact that I was nervous so he did it. So I took the line. It burned my throat a little, but nothing bad. We then proceeded to Lorenzo's house. I started to feel it a few minutes into the drive. It felt good. It was like a mild body high and I felt energized. I felt confident. So far so good. We got to Lorenzo's house and he told me to wait in the car. So I sat there for a minute and enjoyed the high. I sparked a cigarette and then James got back. I was still pretty high. We drove back o the skatepark and when we parked the car, I said, "You wanna let me get the other half of that line?" I had sort of a smirk on my face because I was excited to do another line. So he was like, "Alright dude!" And we both did another line. When we went back to the park, I was hyped. I was ready to skate. I felt like I could do anything. I started skating and I was doing good! Better then normal! I was jut thinking, "I wish I could feel this forever!" I couldn't just skate one thing though. I had to skate EVERYTHING at the park. In about 30 minutes, I skated everything there. (Our park is about the size of 2 football fields with a billion things to skate. Look up "Apex skatepark Colorado") I had realized that the more you do, the better you feel. I also realized how powerful and addicting. It's not anything to do often, just a fun thing every once and a while. It's good for parties and getting things done. But anyways, it was a great experience that I'll never forget. But just remember, don't waste all your money on it. It's not worth it. Just every once in a while (Unless you have a steady income and afford it whenever you want, then go nuts!).
    Hey Theycallmejc and welcome to TheSite :wave:

Just a heads up to check the dates on threads before you reply to them to check they're current.

This one is from 2008 and as a general rule we try not to drag up old threads in case the original poster has since moved on and would rather not be reminded, especially with sensitive issues.

Don't be afraid to start a new discussion though, this is just worth keeping an eye out for :thumb:

Feel free to go and Introduce yourself here if you plan on sticking around :)
This discussion has been closed.