Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Jimmy Eat World

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
They've announced a full UK tour. Yey! They've been one of my favourite bands for years now so I'm pleased as punch!!!!!! :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wish i could see them again
    Where are they playing? I just had a quick look and couldn't see anything in london except for like, next week.
    Info here

Seems they're playing:
    Southampton Guildhall Southampton SUN 17/02/2008
    Carling Academy Brixton London MON 18/02/2008
    Carling Academy Birmingham TUE 19/02/2008
    Manchester University Manchester WED 20/02/2008
    Leeds University Union - 14+ Leeds FRI 22/02/2008
    Carling Academy Newcastle Newcastle SUN 24/02/2008
    Liverpool University Liverpool FRI 29/02/2008
    Carling Academy Bristol Bristol SAT 01/03/2008
    thanks :) I had a look on ticketmaster and stargreen and they were both rather unhelpful. I'd like to see them again, they're good fun :)

what do you think of the new album?
    what do you think of the new album?

I've only listened to it twice, and even then it was on in the background when I got ready. I think it'll be a 'grower'. You?
    Sweet.

Was actually thinking of that "salt, sweat, sugar" song in my head the other day and couldn't for the life of me figure out who sang it. Sitting there for half an hour wrecking my head over it and suddenly "Jimmy Eat World" came into my head. :thumb:
    I got two tickets for Manchester, wooop <3 im SO excited cos they're one of my favourite bands but I've never seen them live.

As for the new album, im hoping its a grower, I mean a couple of tracks stand out so far but I find myself skipping a lot :-/ i love 'carry you' though.
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    I've only listened to it twice, and even then it was on in the background when I got ready. I think it'll be a 'grower'. You?

Same. I've had it on in the car a couple of times, and all sounds like Jimmy Eat World, but there's nothing special about it yet. We'll see.
    I got two tickets for Manchester, wooop <3 im SO excited cos they're one of my favourite bands but I've never seen them live.

As for the new album, im hoping its a grower, I mean a couple of tracks stand out so far but I find myself skipping a lot :-/ i love 'carry you' though.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

i like the new album, it's great after a few listens.
    I love Jimmy Eat World!!! Check out these wannabes.. i think they love them to.. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1royr_the-middle-music-video_music ... NOt bad..