Home Home, Law & Money

HOW DARE THEY?!mainly a rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I toddle down to my motor this morning-its been broken into. :crying: Some little bastards smashed my rear passenger window and worked over my wheels. They couldnt get the stereo out (har har) but they nicked my Bench coat, which it took FOREVER to find one I liked and even longer to afford. Id had it for 3 years, but still, loved it and now Im cold.
Im so angry and sad-whyt cant people just leave things alone? why do people think they can take whats not theirs?? surely its obvious from the state of my car that I dont have much??
the police arent interested, and I have to claim on my insurance-they are good aobut the glass but the jacket they dont care.
Am v upset-went into work, thought I was ok, now feel awful wobbly and they wont let me go home-"you'll be better keeping busy". Actually no, no I am not. I would be a damn site better drinking all my remaining baileys, under my duvet at home.

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hug.gif
    poor you, thats really shit
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's awful when that happens :( About 8 months ago my car was done over my some little c*nts who went down our road breaking car windows with a brick - they did 9 cars. Luckily they were caught, but it wasn't even for any financial gain, it was just because they were hooligans. Now they're paying me back for the cost of 2 broken windows at about of about 91p a week.

    Poor you :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh thats really bad :( I don't know why they did it. Someone stole the front light from my bicycle the other day, it just seems they'll take anything that isnt bolted down whether they need it or not. Who's he going to sell an LED bike light to?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just the sort of scum we need to be cracking down now, i hated when my car got broken into, and the police or courts just dont seem to give a shit about it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mine got broken into a couple of months back, it's an awful feeling and you don't feel like the car belongs to you anymore. I lost about £300 of stuff altogether, can't claim for it though or I'll lose my no claims and my premium will go up so it'd cost more than i'd get :(

    The police were quite good with me, they sent round a nice lady who dusted my car and took fingerprints off it and stuff.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Territt wrote: »
    Just the sort of scum we need to be cracking down now, i hated when my car got broken into, and the police or courts just dont seem to give a shit about it.



    For every 10 people who silently wish the police and courts could do more, ie harsher sentences, there will be 1 loudmouth who shouts from the roof tops about the criminal's rights.

    People like this who can't be arsed to work and just steal from the rest of us are scum.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whowhere wrote: »
    For every 10 people who silently wish the police and courts could do more, ie harsher sentences, there will be 1 loudmouth who shouts from the roof tops about the criminal's rights.

    People like this who can't be arsed to work and just steal from the rest of us are scum.

    I don't think it's about the sentencing - I've never had a crime where the police actually followed it up. We've had our house broken into, cars stolen, assault, etc. and the police every time have said that they have slim to none chance of recovering anything. It's only if they catch them in the act.

    In all these cases as well, it took the police over 2 days to arrive. That's just my experience but it doesn't paint a picture of the police trying to do a good job. Unless you know who did it they don't even try looking.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    make sure anything visible is hidden .. if ur jacket wasnt visible it wouldnt have got stolen .. and get one of those stereos with the fac etha tcomes of ;)


    but yea sucks when shit gets stole
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I don't think it's about the sentencing - I've never had a crime where the police actually followed it up. We've had our house broken into, cars stolen, assault, etc. and the police every time have said that they have slim to none chance of recovering anything. It's only if they catch them in the act.

    In all these cases as well, it took the police over 2 days to arrive. That's just my experience but it doesn't paint a picture of the police trying to do a good job. Unless you know who did it they don't even try looking.


    All depends on what force you have the fortune/misfortune to live in. Our force is very good when it comes to burglary/violent crime, but not so good with autocrime.
    Reason being, 99% of the time, noone is seen to break into the car, nothing of any evidential value is left behind. What point sending a police officer to fill in a form when there is never going to be a chance of catching anyone anyway?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    z- wrote: »
    make sure anything visible is hidden .. if ur jacket wasnt visible it wouldnt have got stolen .. and get one of those stereos with the fac etha tcomes of ;)


    but yea sucks when shit gets stole

    I actually think it would have got stolen anyway, these idiots went thru everything, my coat was stuffed down the backseat footwell so really wasnt that visible if atall, they didnt take my fat speakers or my radio (they had a go at getting it out, but were obviously too patheticly weak)

    This is going to cost me a couple of hundred quid, nothing will be done about it, and whoever did it has now got things I worked for. Makes my bolld boil. I have to work for everything I have, why do some scum just think everyone else owes them something??:banghead:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Last year I went bowling and came out to find the passenger side window smashed. I was so hurt and angry. I broke down crying in the street then walked to the Police Station round the corner. They weren't overly helpful then and there but the officer who was assigned to my case was lovely. He sent a man round the next day to dust for fingerprints even though we all knew it was futile. He took the serial number of my cd player (they only managed to steal the front, typical it was the one and only time I'd ever forgotten to take it out!) and even watched the CCTV footage to see what he could get. I was quite impressed with his efforts.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whowhere wrote: »
    All depends on what force you have the fortune/misfortune to live in. Our force is very good when it comes to burglary/violent crime, but not so good with autocrime.
    Reason being, 99% of the time, noone is seen to break into the car, nothing of any evidential value is left behind. What point sending a police officer to fill in a form when there is never going to be a chance of catching anyone anyway?

    Well Leicester police force did actually make it onto TV with an undercover report on incompetence.
Sign In or Register to comment.