Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

personal statement - summing up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've written my personal statement, but I have no idea how to wrap it up at the end! What kind of thing shall i put? Ive already talked about my skills throughout it, i don't really want to repeat myself. Help! If anyone wants to take a look then PM me.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not a lot of help but I didn't really bother.

My last paragraph had stuff about what I wanted to do in the future so left it at that. Maybe something about how you want to use your current skills and those of your prospective course in life?
    Yeah, I wrote about my aspirations for the future and how the course would help me with that and how I could use my current skills and all that bollocks that came with the personal statement :D
    "please please please please please take me and I will love you forever"
    ;) Just kidding, future prospects seems the way to go..It seems ages since I did that *feels old*
    The final paragraph is where you sum up what you hope to do in the future. Once you've said that, leave it. It doesn't need any fancy endings - admissions officers have read more than enough of those.
    Don't beg them lol.
    My final paragraph last year was

I have enjoyed college and am looking forward to progressing to University. College and my part time job have enabled me to mature as a person. They have given me a greater sense of independence and confidence. I am hoping University will enable me to grow more, but will also give me the skills needed to succeed in my career