Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

when?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have been with my boyfriend for nearly 4 months and we are both 16. i care for him deeply but we haven't had sex yet. is this unusual? do most people have sex after a relationship this long? he a virgin but i'm not. please help.
luv, the angel xxx

Comments

• Options
    There are no rules that dictate when or not to have sex. You gotta do what you gotta do when you wanna do it, simple as that. If you both feel that the time is right then go for it, but neither of you should feel that you have to have sex just cause you've been going out for a few months.
  • Options
    i have had only one sexual experience b4 when i was very young and stupid (which i've regreted ever since) and i really don't wanna make the same mistake again. i also think he has a problem with the fact that i'm not a virgin, like he's getting used goods or something. i just don't know!
  • Options
    If he thinks he's getting used good then that's his problem. The idea of only marrying or hooking up with a virgin went out in the dark ages so he is seriously out of touch. Don't be pushed into anything oyu don't want, if he really likes he'll understand and wait til u r ready. If he does not then get rid of him as he's an asshole that you can do without.
  • Options
    It is not the length of a relationship that determines whether to have sex, it is the kind of relationship.

Certainly at your age, I would take it slowly. There is still a lot of prejudice around, meaning that a boy "must" be experienced and a girl becomes "used goods" or a "slag". It should not be that way, but it is always good to keep that in mind before you give in and go the whole way.

I am sure that you do not want to become a locker room statistic.
  • Options
    thanx guys i'm not gonna go any further until i'm sure about it. i think my bad experience affected me more than i realised before, it still plays on my mind a lot.

Men are taught to apologise for their weaknesses, women for their strengths
  • Options
    Remember, the more bouts you get under your belt, the better you will become. Expertise only comes with experience, how do you know which sex is good and which are bad unless you have a field were you can base your assumptions? As a wise man once said "the more the merrier!)

Bad Boy Pete
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pete:
    Remember, the more bouts you get under your belt, the better you will become. Expertise only comes with experience, how do you know which sex is good and which are bad unless you have a field were you can base your assumptions? As a wise man once said "the more the merrier!)

yeah but it really put me off and changed my outlook on relationships, i'd known this guy like 10 minutes and he was in my knickers i felt so out of control.

• Options
    Taking advice from a man who clearly talks about sex more than he is ever likely to get it, is not a good idea. The 'more the merrier' does not make you any better in the sack; after all the same sad guy can employ the same sad technique time and time again without any improvement. What really improves sex is when you have it with people that you really fancy and you really want to get intimate with, not with any old slapper that you meet on a one night stand. Hold out until you really both want and I reckon you'll have a great experience.
  • Options
    Very wise words - I second that!
  • Options
    Pete you are such a scary man, get a life. Telling someone to shag as many people as they can is not good advice, it's irresponsible... grow up!
  • Options
    yeh me and my boyfriend waited ages, we just did a LOT of making out and foreplay.really getting to know someone first makes it way better.
  • Options
    babyworms this thread is seven years old. Best to start your own one maybe if you want to discuss it :)
This discussion has been closed.