Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Printer wont accept the network key?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Dad bought me a wireless printer, and I'm trying to get it onto the network.

We use Netgear, and basically the printer software is saying that I'm not entering a valid SSID, but I'm entering the one given to me by the Netgear software in the box entitled "Network Name (SSID)" :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you changed your network ID at all?

I mean at home we've changed ours to our surname so it's obvious which one is ours. It should tie up with whatever your wireless network is called. (so in windows it says connected to network whatever dada - thats what you want to put)

Sorry bit simplistic if it's not working that's a bit peculiar. Only other thing I was going to say from the thread title is some peripherals will only use wep not wpa, even though wep is fundamentally flawed.
    I knew you could get bluetooth printers, but not a wireless printer!

I'm going to do me some googling :P
    go on your computer and in the browser type 192.168.0.1

this will log you into your router settings where you can check what the SSID is set to (you will need to click wireless settings once logged on)

when loading the page it may ask you for a username and password - the default for the netgear is admin + password