Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lol o2...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This lady on the phone at retentions. Asked for my pac code, so she started throwing offers at me, 600 minutes 1000 texts unlimited data free phone £25 a month, I said no I was getting a better deal :p and could I have my PAC code, and she then said 'So just to confirm, you want less for more money?' and I said no, the deal was better, so she went off on one, saying how integrated GPS is rubbish and you have to pay a subscription, I said no, buy TomTom & Maps around £70 one off payment, then the GPS satellite is free, she said it would incur data charges, I said I was getting a better data deal i.e. could use it as a modem (she said I could download up to 200mb a month which is 'impossible' to use).

In the end I just conceded that yes, I wanted to pay more for less and she said she'd send my PAC code over. Didn't say have a nice day either. I dunno, quite aggressive really - in reality I've already got a new contract because at the time I needed it urgently for the data and they were throwing a new phone in for £30 (retails at £500 at the time - TyTN ii) whilst she was offering me either an o2 xda orbit or o2 xda trion, neither of which support push email etc. (not that I really needed it, trying to think of exclusive features on my phone)

Gragh. Lol :)

If I had more time I would have sorted a good contract out well in advance, but the amount I use my phone (a lot), and considering you can spend £10 on a random meal or something, £37.50 a month isn't going to kill me (although I'm not rich by no means). There's more 'equity' there though since my phone is soo expensive, it's actually more valuable and more capable than the iPhone, although lacks the nice UI.

Whatever, it doesn't matter. I wanted to cancel and she was pretty aggressive and I had to admit yes, I am stupid, before she'd let me have my PAC code. A straightforward 'Could I have my PAC code please' didn't work. Like a very nosy person sticking their nose in. :mad:

Next time, I'm getting my lawyer to ring up :p. 'Why is it that you want to leave o2?' 'My client doesn't need to answer that question'

And when I said that the XDA Trion (O2's latest smartphone) is an 18 month old design, and that all the other providers have brought out the next gen handset of that line, she said it didn't matter and they do the same thing?? I wonder if she'd been saying the same if I was a new customer who wasn't sure which handset was the best.

I'm actually quite annoyed actually.

Comments

• Options
    So annoyed with her tone, in fact, I'm going to write a letter to complain. I don't think it's right they should make you admit to basically being stupid if you don't want to be with them. Large companies should have more integrity / professionality.
  • Options
    All the companies try and persuade you to stay. When I left o2 the woman kept trying to offer me new deals and I just kept repeating 'no I want to leave o2' until she gave in. Also never tell them the truth. Say the signal is shit in your area, or that you've found an amazing deal elsewhere (and make it up) or that they don't sell the phone you want. Then they can't even argue because they can't give you what you want.

Best that works for me when I get cornered by the fuckers outside carphone warehouse is that my boyfriend works for tmobile so I get half price line rental. Its true as well. They can't compete so the fuck off straight away
  • Options
    What annoyed me mroe than the badgering as such, was when I said 'no thankyou but could I please have my PAC code' and she started asking stupid questions like 'so you're admitting you'd rather pay more for a worse deal?'.

:banghead:
  • Options
    My O2 contract runs out soon... not looking forward to cancelling it now
  • Options
    Well I admit the deal was better than what you can get in the shops. But then again, taking all the different deals into accounts, it's not *that* competitive.

I got a massively good deal, the contract is expensive (£42 in total!) and lasts for 18 months, but I get unlimited data and use as a mobile modem, all the minutes / texts I could need and, the most powerful handset on the market (beats the iPhone). O2 were offering for £32, a phone less than half the value with no GPS, that I couldn't even use as a modem (which was the main reason I had to buy so urgently).

It doesn't matter anyway :p What annoyed me, was her nosiness and questioning everything. 'I want GPS', 'You do know you'll have to subscribe to an extra fee for that don't you?'. Hmmm. No offense to her but I know a bit about technology, know how GPS works, know that my phone has a GPS radio so will just pick u a signal (free) that relates to it's location, and then I buy (or download ;)) TomTom6 with the UK maps for about £70. It goes on my phone, and there we are. It's all done internally, no data connections, no updating, no loading on the move. It just works.

But atm I've got google maps which does a good enough job as a freebie!!
  • Options
    Ooh to top it off.

Just got my bill thorugh - £35!

(on a supposeduly cheaper tariff!)

* Calls

* Mobile internet browsing and downloads

It cost me £8 for 3mb of data. That's one mp3.

And she's saying o2 are cheaper, when I get 1gb 'fair usage policy' now, but since I pay an extra £5 on top that doesn't actually apply and I could download torrents with my phone if I wanted to!