Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Christmas at Game

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was thinking of applying to work at Game as a christmas temp. but i'm wondering, has anybody worked there before and know what it's like?

If i work over the hols, does that mean on sundays aswell? because i won't if that's the case.

I really just want to have a little job and earn some cash, because i used to help out at this fair trade shop in my early teens and it was so amazing (the atmosphere etc).

Also a little concerned that i get tired easily, so..any suggestions would be a help. thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hi I dont really know much but my boyfriend works at Game. It varies from place to place but I know that during lunch breaks he goes to play the x box out back so I guess that's a perk. It does get busy when there are new releases and that happens quite often but the training seems good and they don't (or at least where my boyfriend works) seem to give temps too much responsability.
  • Options
    You should be able to negotiate shift patterns on your application form or during an interview. There will obviously be some weekend work required - as with everywhere in retail, weekends are the busiest period, but I don't think they would find it too unreasonable for you to work one out of two days at the weekend. Good luck!