Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Period shite.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can you get a girl pregnant if she's just on the end of her period?

Freaking out. :shocking:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would have thought so as fertilisation of the egg occurs in the fallopian tubes...

Sounds like a pregnancy test is needed!
    It can happen any time.
    its not the most fertile time, but its still very possible
    It's not a very likely time for her to conceive if she has a regular menstrual cycle. Check the picture- you shagged her day what 4? mr sperm would have to live ten days to get to mrs egg, still not impossible especially if she's young, irregular, short cycle, damn unlucky http://www.plannedparenthood.org/images/PPFA/chart-menstrual-cycle.jpg
    katralla wrote: »
    It's not a very likely time for her to conceive if she has a regular menstrual cycle. Check the picture- you shagged her day what 4? mr sperm would have to live ten days to get to mrs egg, still not impossible especially if she's young, irregular, short cycle, damn unlucky http://www.plannedparenthood.org/images/PPFA/chart-menstrual-cycle.jpg

That's for that, yeh I woke up and there was blood on my fingers from fingering her and she said she was at the end of her period.

As for condoms, drinks in wits out. :(
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    As for condoms, drinks in wits out. :(

The responsibility is 50% hers. I hope all is ok, dude.
    katralla wrote: »

thats if youre slap bang average for the times you ovulate though.

Every time ive been pregnant and gone for my dating scan ive been out by several days or up to a week what I thought i should have been judging by dates of periods and when i SHOULD have ovulated.

Most women dont actually ovulate on day 14, so its always wise to take precautions
    Most women dont actually ovulate on day 14, so its always wise to take precautions

:thumb:

The womb fairies work in mysterious ways!
    Yes you can, best get crossing all your fingers and all your toes!

Happened to us, if that makes you feel better...
    Quick biology lesson for me here I think... If the egg is released on day 14 and then breaks up on day 18 does that mean a woman can only get pregnant on 4 days?
    yes pretty much, but the problem is, you cant usually tell when a woman ovulates and for most women its not spot on day 14. It can be on any day in the cycle.
    You can get ovulation predictor kits for people who are trying to concieve, which charts the bodys temperature and looks for the fluctuations when its ovulation time, but thats really the only way to predict it reliably
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Quick biology lesson for me then;

how do people end up getting pregnant on the pill? ie just how probable is it after missing one pill or is it more of a case of people just not taking it for most of the time that they should

yeh if I forget to take my pill or take it really late I never bother with the 7day thing. I don't see how 1day will make a difference and I have heard other people say the same thing.
    Thats because coming off the pill can stimulate ovulation so i wouldnt be too confident about ignoring the 7 day rule. If you stop the pill youre very fertile, same as when youve just had a baby
    lipsy wrote: »
    Quick biology lesson for me here I think... If the egg is released on day 14 and then breaks up on day 18 does that mean a woman can only get pregnant on 4 days?

wow i did not know that, thanks for clearing it all up Suzycreamcheese!!!! :)
    lipsy wrote: »

you need to factor in how long the sperm can live for though too. As the sperm can survive what, four, five days? the window for fertilisation is more like 7 days - if sperm enters womb on day 10 and lives til day 15, that's a window of day 10-18 for possible fertilisation. Then factor in random ovulation, synthetic hormone influence (pills/meat/dairy products), stress, irregular periods, blah blah blah.