Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

carrots and peanut butter

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i always thought eating these two things together was common like eating celery and peanutbutter, but my friend and my mother and her friend had never tryed it before...
im convinced loads of people eat them together though! anyone want to proove me right/wrong?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As a sandwich or cooked together like some kind of Indonesian dish?

I can't say I have tried either that you have described BUT ... peanutbutter and jam or peanut butter and banana sandwiches are YUMMY! :)
    Teagan wrote: »
    As a sandwich or cooked together like some kind of Indonesian dish?

I can't say I have tried either that you have described BUT ... peanutbutter and jam or peanut butter and banana sandwiches are YUMMY! :)

just dipping the raw carrot in the peanut butter yum! lol i cant cook well enough to make anything better than that ;)

i have to admit ive never tried peanut butter and jam, which i must try after hearing about peanut butter and jelly so much!
    i always thought eating these two things together was common like eating celery and peanutbutter, but my friend and my mother and her friend had never tryed it before...
    im convinced loads of people eat them together though! anyone want to proove me right/wrong?

Never heard of having either celery or carrots with peanut butter! :confused:
    just dipping the raw carrot in the peanut butter yum!

Ah ok. I can see that working ... :)

Yes, try peanut butter and jam! Fresh white bread is best. Yummmmmy! :yum:
    That actually does sound really tasty, I might give it a go :yum: Shame peanut butter's so fattening though.
    Shame peanut butter's so fattening though.

It isn't if you're eating it as part of a well balanced diet. If you overindulge and eat say, 200 calories excess of peanut butter of your body's requirements, then your body will store it as fat, just as it would if you were eating 200 calories excess of brown rice for instance. Peanut butter is a great source of fat that's needed in the diet, so dive in :yum:

Never tried it with raw carrot, sounds nice though. I like peanut butter smeared in some pitta bread with some chicken and spinach leaves for lunch :yum:
    go_away wrote: »
    I like peanut butter smeared in some pitta bread with some chicken and spinach leaves for lunch :yum:

That sounds lush! I'm so craving peanut butter right now!!
    go_away wrote: »
    I like peanut butter smeared in some pitta bread with some chicken and spinach leaves for lunch :yum:

That sounds really nice.

Hmm so maybe its only me that had it as a kid,i was sure it was a normal snack! When i have children i will make them eat it to pass the recipe on!
    I think youll find that peanut butter is for toast.

I tried it on celery once and it blatantly wasnt supposed to be there.
    I think youll find that peanut butter is for toast.

I tried it on celery once and it blatantly wasnt supposed to be there.

i bet next time you're chopping carrots curiosity will take over and you will be hooked!:yum:
    I'm tempted to try the carrots with cashew nut butter. All nut butters are great :D (unless you get analphylactic shock or something)
    i bet next time you're chopping carrots curiosity will take over and you will be hooked!:yum:

no way. Thats what hummous is for :yum:
    Lol That sounds fucking disgusting!
    Never had it with a carrot, but peanut butter and chocolate sandwiches are the best. :yum:
    no way. Thats what hummous is for :yum:

I had that the other night as a snack after reading it on these boards its really good!

and peanut butter and chocolate sandwidges sound really nice and sickening at the same time