Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Acting superior

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Obviously not aimed at anybody here...

But what is it with some people acting all superior because they do drugs?

Mostly the ones I've experienced tend to be between 17 and 20...

But what the fuck man?

Has anybody else met people like this?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To be honest in my experience I have met more people who act superior because they dont do drugs.

But I can see where your coming from, there are people like that about. I think its something they will eventually grow out of.
    JamesZero wrote: »
    To be honest in my experience I have met more people who act superior because they dont do drugs.

But I can see where your coming from, there are people like that about. I think its something they will eventually grow out of.
    Of course... You get people with a pint in their hand going "smoking pot will kill you!!!" Those are annoying too.

But I mean drugs snobs.
    Do you mean people who do harder drugs snubbing those that do weed etc?
    Rachael wrote: »
    Do you mean people who do harder drugs snubbing those that do weed etc?

Nope, people who patronise other people about drugs use.
    oh i've never had that experience..either the people i know dont take drugs or they just keep queit about it.
    atm alot of the past 'goodies' are rebelling at school, and talk about getting off their face (drink or drugs) at the weekend as if they expect a pat on the back or something. I've never got it.
    Can't say I've experienced it since school. And then it was drugs, drink, sex, getting into clubs, watching 18-rated films, and pretty much anything else "grown up" really. I hate talking about these things with people. Tbh, you life would have to be pretty empty if you felt the need to show off about these things after about college age.
    its not te true that bit

:yes: Definately.

Tbh, I've never met any drugs 'snobs'. I've met people who like to show off about their drug use, but none think they're superior to non users.
    Can't say I've experienced it since school. And then it was drugs, drink, sex, getting into clubs, watching 18-rated films, and pretty much anything else "grown up" really. I hate talking about these things with people. Tbh, you life would have to be pretty empty if you felt the need to show off about these things after about college age.
    Hrm yeah... Maybe that's what I mean.

I'm a very infrequent user (at the moment not at all as I'm in my final year), but some people just seem obsessed with it, like they deserve a pat on the back... Or like because they know more about one drug they laugh at people
    who don't.

Got nowt against people using... Nothing at all, but it's not like it's cool... It's just a way of enhancing (or sometimes escaping) an experience.

:yes: exactly.
    some try to portray themselves as hard and drugs help that image but not sure about the 'superior' thing.
    i don't think ive ever meet any drug snobs....maybe in school when people thought they where the shit for gettin stoned all day....but deffo not in uni...