Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Phimosis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all. I'm 18 and I'm pretty sure I have phimosis, i.e I've never been able to retract my foreskin. I guess I wasn't to well educated on it, because I never realised I was supposed to until recently. Anyway, i got with this girl recently and fingers crossed she will be my first sexual partner. Thing is, im actually really worried about it. is it possible that i could do some damage because my foreskin is too tight? could sex be painful for me? and what will she think? she has been with a few guys i think and might think it's strange and that i'm unclean or something. as you can see i'm quite worried. I've read that there is some stuff you can try before the last resort of circumcission, but i really hate messing with it cus it freeks me out that i might do some damage or something. I've tried rolling it back but its way to tight and sensitive. I did a search on here and found an old post where some guy had used a plastic clip or some gadget which had worked for him within a couple of weeks. anyone know about anything like that? any advice please? help!!!

Comments

• Options
    As per one of my other posts on this :

"Use baby oil, Vaseline intensive care hand and body lotion, Nivea or any bland cream as a lubricant. Pull the foreskin forward away from the body several times then pull it back and hold it in the stretched position for several minutes twice daily. When the hole is large enough insert your thumb , or smaller finger if necessary, into the foreskin and grip the glans ( the head of the penis) between finger and thumb. Roll the foreskin over the thumb until the tight ring is white with stretching. Hold it in this position as long as you can at a time - say 5 minutes. . Repeat as often as you have the time and enthusiasm for. If later you find there is room for two or more fingers then use them. If time permits even better results may be possible if you soak your penis in warm water for some minutes before you start to stretch."

If you apply yourself diligently, you should see a vast improvement within a month.
  • Options
    Thankyou for the advice! A few points though. It's so sensitive, just the thought of gripping with finger and thumb freaks me out. Plus, I'm afraid if I stretch it that much, something is gonna tear.

You do seem quite the expert though, so what do you reckon a girl would think? and is sex likely to be dangerous for it, or painful? thanks!
  • Options
    Gkid8 wrote: »
    A few points though. It's so sensitive, just the thought of gripping with finger and thumb freaks me out. Plus, I'm afraid if I stretch it that much, something is gonna tear.

Well, you want to start the stretching slowly and gently without being too vigorous to start with. If it starts to hurt, give it a rest for the day.

If you imagine being in a dark room all your life and then suddenly you are pushed out into the sunshine, your eyes will hurt and be senstive too. But slow exposure would make the situation less traumatic.

Do as much as you can tolerate at any one time.
    You do seem quite the expert though

It's been said before ... :p
    so what do you reckon a girl would think? and is sex likely to be dangerous for it, or painful? thanks!

Well, the girl might not really react at all. If she notices that you are anxious about pulling back your foreskin, she may well be scared that she will hurt you ... and be a little too cautious during foreplay etc.

Does it hurt when you masturbate? Or do you have to masturbate really carefully? If not, sex should be ok for you but .... the foreskin should, with normal use, slide back and forth over the glans during both masturbation and sex.

Part of the sensation of sex is the feeling over this movement over the glans and so, if if it isnt working correctly, you may not be getting the full sensation of sex that many other guys enjoy.

Circumcision should be a last resort but if you try and perservere with the stretching exercises, I am sure that you will be very happy with the results. :thumb:
  • Options
    Teagan helped me. Top advice!
  • Options
    Nice to see that Teagan's subject of expertise has cropped up once more... :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Nice to see that Teagan's subject of expertise has cropped up once more... :p

Hehehehe .. you can take that twiglet out of your 'eye' now, SG! :p
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Hehehehe .. you can take that twiglet out of your 'eye' now, SG! :p
    Oh, you love me, really. ;)