Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

mushroom id

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so yea umm .. someone i know went mushie picking and can't tell whether these are libs or not, so could anyone confirm or not ... pic is attached!

they seem to have the trademark signs .. darker brown 'tip' at the top and im nearly sure the stem going blue after it being picked means it has psilocybin but im not completely certain as you can see how different it looks in comparison to the other one in the left hand corner!

anyone shed any light? :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    no, they're not libs.
    Sometimes they do open up like that but still I wouldn't. It would help to see the underside.

The brown one in the middle looks like it could be but if you picked them with the rest then I'd steer clear. And the one in you hand def isn't.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    They dont look right to me but im no expert

be very careful with mushrooms - if youre not sure dont chance it - liver failure isnt nice :no:

this site might be of some help:

http://www.rogersmushrooms.com/

namely this page:

http://www.rogersmushrooms.com/gallery/DisplayBlock~bid~6707~gid~.asp
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    no, they're not libs.
    Sometimes they do open up like that but still I wouldn't. It would help to see the underside.

The brown one in the middle looks like it could be but if you picked them with the rest then I'd steer clear. And the one in you hand def isn't.

yea didnt really like the look of them either, but they were growing beside some that were the same as the one in the middle (that looks quite like one) .. they were growing at the edge of a cliff so wasnt entirelly sure, thought they might have grew a bit differently too different conditions (were covered by grass for most part)

and you say the one being held up defo isnt one? i was sure that was! looks pretty simliar to one in the middle pic in the link diddlybop in the last post

obviously havent got a good enough spot! i hear stories of people finding enough of fill bags upon bags full of em! .. most of the place is council land and ive heard something about them spraying the place to prevent them from growing but whether that has any truth i dont know!
  • Options
    You need to show more details really

what colour are the gills underneath the caps?

measure the caps what sort of size are they, they look a bit on the big side to me but its hard to judge the scale from the pic

the caps look to flat too