Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

kuala lumpur - malaysia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
has anybody been to kuala kumpur or just malaysia? im thinking of going around the end of this year and i was just wondering about the prices especially in relation to other asian countries.

Thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    my boyfriend went to KL recently for work. He wasnt impressed.
  • Options
    Yes I've been, it was one of my favourite cities in Asia. It's not as cheap as Thailand but still cheap compared to European countries. You can easily get a meal for as little as 50p, although the markets are quite expensive as they cater for the tourist market. I really liked Malaysia, it's a beauitiful country, I especially liked Sabah and Sarawak which are the eastern states in Borneo, as they are much less touristy.
  • Options
    my boyfriend went to KL recently for work. He wasnt impressed.

Oh, what was it about it that he didn't like? was it just prices or the country in general?

Lollypop would enjoyed it more than thailand? ive been to thailand before and loved it, but if I'm travelling i would want to go to as many countries as possible!
  • Options
    suzy cream cheese are you out there??:)
  • Options
    well i asked him and he said he didnt really do the touristy thing anyway so maybe not the best person to ask anyway, but he thought that the city was very grey and not nice apart from the very rich areas and he couldnt get over how big the rich/poor divide was. It was also pretty grey and overcast most of the time although hot and muggy. This was in july
  • Options
    well i asked him and he said he didnt really do the touristy thing anyway so maybe not the best person to ask anyway, but he thought that the city was very grey and not nice apart from the very rich areas and he couldnt get over how big the rich/poor divide was. It was also pretty grey and overcast most of the time although hot and muggy. This was in july

thanks for asking him for me! I'm not too keen on the grey and muggy weather, but atleast i dont like to tan.

I'm probably finding out where I'm going tomorrow, so fingers crossed its somewhere fun!
  • Options
    not been to kaula lumpur (does the airport count?! :) ) but ive been to penang - a small island about an hour from there.
    it was gorgeous!!
    for an island it had loads to do there too - watersports, local markets, butterfly farm, zoo and my favourite - a rat AND a monkey temple :yes:

rat temple was.. interesting!! my dad wouldnt go within 100 foot of the place he was so terrified!!

id recommend going definately
  • Options
    soraliah wrote: »
    not been to kaula lumpur (does the airport count?! :) ) but ive been to penang - a small island about an hour from there.
    it was gorgeous!!
    for an island it had loads to do there too - watersports, local markets, butterfly farm, zoo and my favourite - a rat AND a monkey temple :yes:

rat temple was.. interesting!! my dad wouldnt go within 100 foot of the place he was so terrified!!

id recommend going definately

my mother wants to go to kuala lumpur for a couple of days for the shopping and everything and then penang for the rest of the time, i didnt think it sounded to interesting because everything i read in the travel leaflets made it sound boring, but that sounds really exciting!! Im reading it to my mother as i type, thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    I liked malaysia in general more than thailand - i'm not sure why i just kind of felt it had a better vibe.

I loved KL and having looked into going in the past there are some really good deals on hotels - especially if your not on a really tight budget as you can get rooms in nice 5* ones for a fraction of the price you would pay here.