Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Meeting Someone New

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think being up front can be good and some people are just blunt and thats how they are. But I met someone new for the first time the other day and they made some incredibly bold statements...one concerning myself and a few concerning someone else I know. Previous to this we had chatted via text etc but not met before and there seemed to be a constant flow of messages. They seemed pretty normal and chatty in person but Im worried they could be a bit of a clingy psycho. Thinking I should be wary of them. Anyone had any similar experiences?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bold statements like what?
    I have a friend who can come across as a bitch and is really blunt to people she doesn't even know - but there's no way she is a clingy psycho. Didn't you pick her up on anything she said?
    What kinda things did they say? I know someone like this and he is what i would describe as a clingy psycho. He seemed normal in texts but when i met him face to face he was rude and hateful towards his exes, i just distance myself from him now.
    They obviously have a lot of baggage concerning their ex and their ex best friend as they got together, which I am no longer surprised about! Made some nasty comments about my ex when they have never even met them and told me to change something about my appearance. I mean do they actually think they have any chance of sleeping with me after saying that? If thats what they are after... Then actually had the cheek to ask if Id changed it yet...so I told them I havnt. I think that will be the end of that. First they were clingy and obsessive seeming, then they didnt like something about my appearance so were controlling about it. They obviously have issues so I think Ill be ignoring them from now on. Im not going to change for anyone. Really could do without someone bashing the way I look. The funny thing is they asked if I think they are crazy.
    ah everyone always has that ex that always gets mentioned in relationships dont they, its such a sign theyre not over it when they mention it on first meeting.

saying you should change your appearance is out of line, they bave no right to do that! sounds good your staying away from this person, probably saved yourself from alot of hurt!!