Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How open are you about your drug use?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As the title says, with regards to old friends new friends family whoever. for me I think I'm relatively open about my drug use with most of my friends and new friends, I have no problem with the fact I use drugs and don't shout it off the rooftops but will talk about it or whatever. its different with my family, they know I smoke and drink and have smoked weed but thats it. a couple friends dont know either. just curious.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    id keep it shy from some family members who dont have a baldy about drugs but for the most part i couldnt care less who knows
    All friends at home know.

Uni friends have no idea and would bollock me so bad its not even worth it.

Family...no chance of them knowing!

I would never let anyone at work know either.
    Am (mainly) clean these days so nowt to declare....xcept on very random, rare occasions! am open about it when it happens with my mates, but I want to live so dont tell my family or my work!:)
    i only let people who are open minded and can undersatnd the way's of a drug fueled life....so that would be the majority of my friends and my brothers....would never tell my parents..
    lipsy wrote: »
    All friends at home know.

Uni friends have no idea and would bollock me so bad its not even worth it.

Family...no chance of them knowing!

I would never let anyone at work know either.

you going to warehouse project in manchester this weekend?

i'm down for it, and a massive party.
    None of my family know except my sister

All of my friends know I think

I was chatting to a lad on my college course about drugs and that cos he's a bit of a mash'hed and a girl on my course was like, 'Ohmygod I didn't know you would do drugs .. I didn't think you were like that' so not many people at college know

No one at work knows either
    Lol Pretty much all my friends and assosciates know. Even my friends who I've known all my life and who don't take drugs themselves know. They were a bit upset and shocked at first but they're used to it now.
    Everyone at work knows, even my managers, they don't give a shit.
    My parents know I smoke weed but the rest of my family think I'm clean as a whistle.
    I rarely do illegal substances anyway... I am very closed about it. A few mates know... Normally, if we're talking about where we go out I'll mention a rave to gague their reaction.

I really hate people who drink, but who bitch about ecstacy and pot smokers... I mean what the fuck?
    i dont tell every one, just people who do it with me.

also in response to addicts post, i got arrested last week at the warehouse project for having pills. be very careful where you put any drugs as they go every where from your waist to your shoes and socks.