Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Going out and not getting wasted?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Do any of you go out to nightclubs, not get wasted and still have a good time?

I don't know, it's not necessarily the getting so drunk I'm passed out part, but I love letting my 'hair down' to use an expression, and drinking a bit helps this. But then I'll end up dancing much more, meeting more people, having a better time, and staying up much later...

Is there any way to kind of do this in moderation? Because the late nights are starting to catch up with me. But when I've not touched anything or not much I get a bit bored and sleepy and want to be in bed by 11 - and seeing as we're not often in the clubs by then it's a bit of a waste of time.

I still want to go out with my new uni mates to be 'involved' but I need a bit of a rest!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can't really do nightclubs straight, but music events are much eaiser - try going to more gig type places instead of 'nightclubs' for sober fun.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I can't go out without doign something, usually drink sometimes pills or something else.
    Weekender Offender 
    ShyBoy wrote: »

Yeah. Just not too often or it becomes dull watching your mates getting mashed when you are stone cold still.

The opposite is also true. I worry that someone people cannot seem to enjoy themselves unless they are, in some way, out of their tree...
    I do it fairly frequently, and have a couple of friends who are tee total although to meet them on a night out you'd never know it.

I'm not sure what you're after though? If it's the lack of sleep that's catching up with you then ok not drinking will help a bit, but getting more sleep is the bit that's going to make a big difference.

It's perfectly possible to have just as good time, you can relax into things and drink cola so your wide awake.
    I can't go out sober. Espescially to alot of the commercial nightclubs, they would drive me nuts if I wasn't messed up.
    i tryed to go out the other night just getting a bit tipsy....but after about 10mins i got bored and sick of seeing everyone else fucked...so i went to the bar and got hammered....ah well!
    i tryed to go out the other night just getting a bit tipsy....but after about 10mins i got bored and sick of seeing everyone else fucked...so i went to the bar and got hammered....ah well!

haha thats my plan for every thursday and saturday night yet somehow I always end up off my face...
    Yeah, if I'm on a night out with girls then I don't tend to get too fucked. I'll have a drink and stuff, but I always try and stay sober-ish to make sure they get into a taxi and stuff. Can always still have a good time too.

I'm getting better generally with alcohol, even from a few months ago. Last night for example, I decided I'd had enough and just went home - never been able to do that before.
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Yeah, if I'm on a night out with girls then I don't tend to get too fucked. I'll have a drink and stuff, but I always try and stay sober-ish to make sure they get into a taxi and stuff. Can always still have a good time too.

Good on you man,. If thetre's girls around, I always gert too fucked, which sucks., lol
    meh if the music is good i dont need to be drunk

never watch your mates get mashed, just go and dance with some random people and pull someone. haven't gotta be drunk or stoned for any of that
    i doubt id enjoy clubbing if i wasnt drunk, i know a lot of people that drive and do it though and they still have a laugh
    I dont drink at all. Never do, and havent for years. when i go out, most of the time i enjoy myself. The start of the night isnt the best time when everyone is just on a mission to get drunk, but once i get passed the irritation of queuing with a load drunks and get in there, i dance and enjoy myself. And i dont have the problem of hang overs, and i can stay up really late without it effecting me too bad, i just stay up, no dangers of passing out and i can always just drive home!
    Some nights if im not quite in the right mood tho, i end up bored and cant change it and get into the night so end up going home.
    Thats prob just me though.
    I must admit, it takes me longer to 'get into' the night if I am not drinking: perhaps maybe for financial reasons or if I'm driving.

But, if I'm with good company, you can still have an amazing night. When I'm sober, and I see all the drunken fools around me, you do feel a bit embarassed at their state, but tbh, I'd be in that state if I had been drinking.

I can have a good time and let my hair down in my bedroom with some decent dance music, big speakers and diet coke ;):D
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    ^ All the time.
    i dont think anyone really enjoys gettin wasted when theyre out. That feeling where you just want the spinning to stop but you havent got a snowball in hells chance of doing it is just not fun whoever you are.
    But admittedly i dont think i would enjoy a night out with out at least 1 or 2 pints, but thats simply because i like a good drink when i go out. if nothing else, just for relaxation purposes. I do like to be "drunk" but theres always a line and the night is a bust if you cross it.
    been out quite a few times and not been able to drink or whatever for one reason or another, and it can go any way.
    I can have a wicked night, i can have a panic attack, I can get sooo bored watching my mates get merry, then drunk, then WASTED.
    think moderation is the key...but how often have you thought, shit, Im waaay too drunk for my liking, but then gone and drunk more?? know I have:blush:
    Prefer to go out without getting hammered, that way you don't have 'hangover paranoia' the next day when you worry about what the hell you actually did the night before!!! But I don't think i'd go out without at least one or two drinks - even for my school prom I'm not going without at least two (unfortunately alcohol's banned :()
    I get drunk when I go out but no where near as hammered as I used to get! I used to drink a small bottle of vodka or 2 bottles lambrini before going out then drink way too much while I was out. I never remembered a thing, but strangly enough never suffered from hangovers! Now I might have one or two glasses of wine then a few drinks in each place we go, though as I've got older so have my hangovers :(
    I sometimes think to myself I won;t drink when I go out but I always give into the lure of £1 vodkas :rolleyes:
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I never remembered a thing, but strangly enough never suffered from hangovers! Now I might have one or two glasses of wine then a few drinks in each place we go, though as I've got older so have my hangovers :(

:lol: Tell me about it!
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I get drunk when I go out but no where near as hammered as I used to get! I used to drink a small bottle of vodka or 2 bottles lambrini before going out then drink way too much while I was out. I never remembered a thing, but strangly enough never suffered from hangovers! Now I might have one or two glasses of wine then a few drinks in each place we go, though as I've got older so have my hangovers :(
    I sometimes think to myself I won;t drink when I go out but I always give into the lure of £1 vodkas :rolleyes:

the disparity between the prices for non-alcoholic drinks is quite shocking though:

2 litre bottle of coke: £1.09
    1 ordinary glass on campus: 75p
    1 ordinary glass in a nightclub £1.60 or something silly

I did order tap water theother week, the bar guy gave me a very dirty look :D
    Yeah I can do nights out straight headed, though it has to be the right kind of event.

I'm happier around people on pills sober than drunk people... Drunks piss me off.