Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FAO people who work at a resturant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What happens if somebody cannot pay? Say their credit card is declined, or they forget it, they have no cash, no form of payment at all? Do they wash dishes for a couple hours?

Comments

• Options
    nothing, get them to find the payment, if not get police involved.
  • Options
    In my experience, they either can't be bothered or ask you to come back with the money and hold onto your watch or something.
  • Options
    If they walk out, there's not much you can do. But if someone realises they've forgotten money, they go to the cashpoint and come back (most people wont have food by themselves, so one of them stays in the restaurant). If their credit card is declined there's usually ways to take payment at a later date. If they've forgotten their cards, they can arrange for a friend or family member to pay with a card over the phone. And if all of that fails, we can give them an invoice for the bill and they pay later. Why?
  • Options
    My mam filled up her car and realised she'd forgot her purse! It was close to home so she left her bag as insurance and drove home to get the money

I know its not a restaurant story but I wanted to join in!