Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ketamine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how much do you normally pay for it?
and what are the effects- on the site it says its like LSD, is that true?
is it good to have at parties?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've paid between 15 and 25 quid for a gram.

I wouldn't say it's like LSD really, not that I've ever taken LSD - but I've munched lots of shrooms, although it is a hallucinogen but on a different level. It's a dissasociative. A very strange drug, so unlike anything else really.
    It gives a floaty, sideways feeling and can make it hard to get sentences out or walk. It literally can feel like you're in a different world, in your own bubble or zone which is very trippy and distorted. I often get tunnell vision where anything outside of my tunnell is blurred and non existant. When you enter a K hole, you sort of go numb and your bubble takes over you completely whilst you go on a crazy trip through time.

I was mixing Ketamine with Cocaine at a house party a while ago and loved it, although it was a drug fuelled party so people were used to that kind of thing.
    I wouldn't really feel comfortable snorting Ket at a house party where everyone was just pissed and not really used to drug use.

P.S. Ketamine mixed with Cocaine is probably the best drug combination you'll ever take. :thumb:
    Was it Budda who once summed it up perfectly..it's not an upper or a downer, it's a sideways drug!

I threw up really badly on it the last time I had it.. I was so so drunk and had only a key of ket. What a bad idea. It's put me off and I've refused to have it again ever since. I was never sure if I really liked it anyway, you can't really walk on it, peoples heads go huge and their eyes go beady..you cant pick things up too well. Nope, not for me!
    I want it!:yum:
    It sounds odd... To be honest I've never considered it.

Is it addictive?

Can you have a bad trip?
    Namaste wrote: »
    It sounds odd... To be honest I've never considered it.

Is it addictive?

Can you have a bad trip?

For me, its definatley not a drug I'd do every weekend. I wouldn't really consider it addictive, just something 'if on offer' I'd take up. It's a very strange experience when you do alot of it.
    Yes you can have a very bad time on it if you arent careful. Its best for your first time to do it in a place you feel safe with a small group of people and start with small ammounts and slowly build yourself up.
    MancDan wrote: »
    For me, its definatley not a drug I'd do every weekend. I wouldn't really consider it addictive, just something 'if on offer' I'd take up. It's a very strange experience when you do alot of it.

...hence I'm still up from last night doings lines of the stuff!
    lipsy wrote: »
    you can't really walk on it, peoples heads go huge and their eyes go beady..you cant pick things up too well. Nope, not for me!

Lol That's why I love it.
    When it's mixed with Cocaine it's even better because you still get that euphoric buzz from the coke, which still makes you want to go on missions and chat loads of shit to people. However the Ketamine turns those coked up missions into computer game like quests, with objective one being actually able to walk if you've done enough of the stuff, and any coked up chit chat comes out all slurred and funny. :D
    What about the comedown?
    Namaste wrote: »
    What about the comedown?

There isn't really a comedown of such, just a gentle landing back down to earth. lol
    It can leave you feeling a bit spaced out and confused afterwards if you've done quite alot of the stuff, but nothing compared to an MDMA or Speed comedown, and you don't get that dreaded craving for more that you get with coke.

However I usually mix Ket with Coke so I still feel like shit afterwards and have trouble sleeping.
    I used to take ket to come down - its still my favourite drug I think - humm anyway its good. Is hallucenogenic kind of like LSD but kind of not at the same time - you can have bad trip so only take it somewhere your comfortalbe with and where walking isn't really necessary.

I once remember at reclain the streets seeing all my freidns just in a heap in the middle of tottenham high street cos they'ed all taken too much and were in a massive k hole....
    It has the potential to be habit forming, both mentally and physically.

On its own it is a relatively safe drug, its effects on the CNS are minimal and if you are snorting it taking too much is difficult because you pass out before you can hoover too much up.

It is a very powerful halluciogen though and one which really should be treated with a lot of respect.

Oh and it should not be mixed with downers, they will make it far more likely you will be sick while knocked out, which is bloody dangerous.
    Took some last night after I'd had a fair bit of coke only had a little bit for the first line and the effects were mildly like coming up on pills I also found sound became distorted. Then stupidly I racked a huge line up for me and my mate, all was good and then I guess I fell into the K hole, I went on some weird journey in my head where the bed was sucking me into it! all in all quite distressing at the time. As mentioned it is a drug that needs to be respected.