Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what to buy for a night out?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
trying to make a good impresion on this guy i really like, and i think i've just suddenly reverted to being 14 again, and i can't think of anything to wear....

i'm going to our normal rock bar, and i normaly wear a black pencil skirt, knee high new rocks and a simple black t-shirt..

i don't want to look too slutty, but i also don't want to end up looking like i dress like a bloke....

what would be a good item to buy to change a look....

btw, the new rocks are an essencial as this guy is 6'1 and i'm only 5'1

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    floaty strappy dress over black leggings/skinny jeans tucked into boots, black loose crochet cardigan, whatever makeup you wear.
    NOOOOOOOO, new rocks are loverly!
    I don't even know what new rocks are!
    Neither did I, I had to google it.

I just got that it was a brand. What do the specific pair look like? I"m all curious.

I think the outfit sounds nice.

Nothing constructive to add :(
    xsazx wrote: »
    click
    click
    according to google anyway lol

god theyre awful.
    Pair of killer black patent heels would be a thousand times nicer :yes:
    lipsy wrote: »
    I don't even know what new rocks are!

Fuckin hench black goth boots with random bits of metal sticking out here and there. lol
    rachie004 wrote: »
    :yes: :yes:

and we're all very aware that money may be an issue which is why you should go buy some from primark for £10 :yes:

exactly! Primark has some stunning heels atm but when your 5ft8 / 5ft9 like me, the most you can do is admire them :crying:
    i don't mean to offend anyone but new-rocks are bloody vile! and i'm allowed to say that coz my best friend wheres them and i tell her haha Mind you me and her are chalk and cheese. That aside, they're not really sexy in any context are they?! If you're of alternative style then you can still easily pull off the same style statements with black patent heels.

But then again who am i to tell you what to wear :) Bottom line is, no matter how much a guy likes alternative girls im sure he would find heels more attractive than clodhoppers
    Dianne1985 wrote: »
    i don't mean to offend anyone but new-rocks are bloody vile! and i'm allowed to say that coz my best friend wheres them and i tell her haha Mind you me and her are chalk and cheese. That aside, they're not really sexy in any context are they?! If you're of alternative style then you can still easily pull off the same style statements with black patent heels.

But then again who am i to tell you what to wear :) Bottom line is, no matter how much a guy likes alternative girls im sure he would find heels more attractive than clodhoppers

Lol I have to say I agree.
    rocks are loads sexier than stiletto heels IMO (and in my bfs opinion)
    Shes going to a rock bar, not slapper central.

vfbq79cxdgez36qt9cxd.jpg
    rocks are loads sexier than stiletto heels IMO (and in my bfs opinion)
    Shes going to a rock bar, not slapper central.

vfbq79cxdgez36qt9cxd.jpg

Each to their own I suppose. But I'm not a fan and I wouldn't say that girls who dress nicely are slappers?
    I'd disown myself if I ever caught myself in ten pound patent shoes. And, by 'patent' I presume you mean plastic, or are they really selling leather shoes for a tenner? If your definition of sexy is 'Posh' (common as muck) Spice or someone out of closer magazine, I can understand how you can't see beauty beyond the shiney aspirations you gorge on.
    katralla wrote: »
    If your definition of sexy is 'Posh' (common as muck) Spice or someone out of closer magazine, I can understand how you can't see beauty beyond the shiney aspirations you gorge on.

Lol Not at all, those 'plastic' girls are definately not my type.

I just can't stand those hideous boots, end of.
    pill 'ed wrote: »

Word. :thumb:
    Charity shops!

There are some around Camden aye?

I find alternative clothing noutoriously difficult to buy being a size 14/16 and hating anything which clings... But the thing is you can buy black clothing and then customise and accessorise.

How about a black mesh vest over a normal stappy top, some badges, silver chunky jewellery, Converse, black chords?

Or just a plain black shirt. :)
    I understand what you mean with the height thing..my boyfriend is 6"6 and I'm uhh 5"2 so sometimes I feel the need to get the clodhoppers out. I just wear them under jeans and nobody really notices.
    I've had a thing for those kind of boots for years now hehe.
    pill 'ed wrote: »

NOOOO, don't be mean to the new rocks- they might just kick you in the shins and make you take it back!
    and to think for once I'm actually grateful for being a short arse :p

I got a lovely patent black pair with a metallic heal from primark - I think I'm in love with them! :love:

i know the ones you mean. was stood admiring them about a week ago :D so jelous :grump:
    good for you but they are indeed the finest leather of the land and the shiney heels, well they are of course solid platinum! And the numbers inside the shoe to tell you what size they are, are actually written in diamonds! and all for a tenner :D

wheeyyy! :lol: :razz:
    I'd disown myself if I ever caught myself in ten pound patent shoes. And, by 'patent' I presume you mean plastic, or are they really selling leather shoes for a tenner? If your definition of sexy is 'Posh' (common as muck) Spice or someone out of closer magazine, I can understand how you can't see beauty beyond the shiney aspirations you gorge on.

:thumb:
    Ohhhhh - hum see i was going to reccomend going the whole hog with the pencil skirt and going for some 50's glamour with a pair of killer black patent heels (the husband recomends peep toe), plus a fitted shirt and curled hair - which would kind of fit well in at a rock club i'm thinking.

Ohh and don't worry about having to make yourself tall - he probably likes you for being small and cute!
    in the end he doesn't like me anyway....

but these are me new rocks and they are sexy....

i don't fall over wearing these, but i'd break my neck with stillettos...

http://www.newrockstore.com/zona3/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=18_1&products_id=169

not quite like these but similar...

I don't imagine anyone else wearing them unless Tank Girl but that was all fiction, this is sadly real life. Real life is truth, and the truth is they are ming.

You can get nicer shoes than them. Even Doc Martens'd be nicer.
    i look horrible in DMs...

infact i look horrible all the time anyway, but thats beside the point...
    You don't look horrible at all. You are a beautiful young woman about to blossom, believe it hun! Believe in yourself. I have a pair of new rocks that have lasted me ten years, and I wear/have worn them often- they're quality! I wear them and think I'm sexy as hell!!!!!! Not in an arrogant way, but fuck, if I don't find my own stlye attractive, who the hell else is gonna. That tank girl look is hot. I like to dress like characters that I like from movies, and take inspiration from sci-fi, fantasy and other things I find sexually aesthetically attractive. We're all only young once, we only have these bodies now- maybe we should all just stop critisising personal style and embrace being free enought to ry different stuff, looks, or whatever we like/suits us. That outfit of wyetry's sounds devine, but not something that would suit my body shape, so maybe I was wrong about teh patent shoes (I still wouldn't wear ten pound skankers thoguh). Argh, each to their own and all that. Er, new rocks rock, end of!!!!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    You are a beautiful young woman about to blossom, believe it hun! Believe in yourself.

:yes:
    We're all only young once, we only have these bodies now- maybe we should all just stop critisising personal style and embrace being free enought to ry different stuff, looks, or whatever we like/suits us.

Well that's it really, we all have our own personal style. It's no good coming on here and slating someone because they like those new rocks because it's only gona make them feel bad!

It did make me giggle though when I read a certain person's post as if they're some style guru when what I've seen them wear is pretty rank (IMO of course :razz:)
    lipsy wrote: »
    It did make me giggle though when I read a certain person's post as if they're some style guru when what I've seen them wear is pretty rank (IMO of course :razz:)

:D