Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dutch government ban Magic Mushrooms...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
And so it begins...

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/266453

The drug capital of the world, Amsterdam, is slowly becoming like everywhere else.
I'm aware that Psilocybin Mushrooms are native to Europe and easy to find, but it was always nice to visit a Smart Shop in Amsterdam and chose from a variety of Mushrooms with varied strengths.
I think this is a great shame, espescially for the Dutch who's freedoms are being taken away because of idiotic tourists who don't know what they're doing.
Use, don't abuse...
The girl had a history of mental health, but I suppose this means nothing to them.

*sigh* It won't be long until the Coffee Shops are gone aswell.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Apparently the health minister ordered a new investigation into the effects of mushrooms, the investigation found that mushrooms carry low to no risk and there is no reason for them to be banned.

There was only a slight majoirty in the dutch government that wanted the ban, hopefully this will tip the balance against them, or will they give into hyped up media pressure?
    Jonny8888 wrote: »
    Apparently the health minister ordered a new investigation into the effects of mushrooms, the investigation found that mushrooms carry low to no risk and there is no reason for them to be banned.

Yeah I heard that, but I don't think it's going to make much difference to their decision. From what I've read, their minds are pretty much made up.
    The 'Smart Shop' owners even suggested tighter control on ID checking but apparantly the government are having none of it.

There's going to be a massive protest in Dam square soon, all we can do is hope.
    It doesnt massively surprise me to be quite honest - if I lived in the Dam I'd get rightly pissed off by the druggie tourists turning up just to get completely smashed.

If drugs are ever going to seen as something other than a dangerous past time for loosers users are going to have to take some responsibility for their actions.
    I've also heard rumours that they are bringing in a ban on foreigners smoking Marijuana in the Coffee Shops at the start of next year.
    Anyone know if there's any truth in this?
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I've also heard rumours that they are bringing in a ban on foreigners smoking Marijuana in the Coffee Shops at the start of next year.

never heard anything about that tbh...
    pill 'ed wrote: »

Heard something about that.

But i'm sure if you go into some of the more local pubs away from the city centre you'll still be able to have a quiet smoke.