Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dwp

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do their offices ever bloody talk to each other ?

I had a big form to fill in and went for review and an interview/examination last month about my incapcity benefit and income support and wether i can continue to receive them. Today i received another form (different form though exactly the same type of questions) about my DLA.

I know they're paid by different departments (DLA in Blackpool and the rest by Jobcentre Plus, although my payments are all made by Jobcentre Plus), but it must waste millions of pounds having 2 assesments for the same things on the same person.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't be silly.

That would be sensible, constructive, time effective, cost effective and generally an intelligent thing to do!
    No they don't talk to each other. That would be efficient.
    The rules (set by Government) specifically state that decisions about DLA and decisions about incapacity benefit are separate, and as such they need separate paperwork.

The alternative is that incap decisions are binding on DLA, and vice versa, and that's an awful lot worse for everyone. Lose one and lose the lot.

It doesn't appear to make sense at first, but really it does.

ETA: I presume you went for a "medical", the personal capability assessment. Just watch out as I wouldn't be surprised if they decide that you are fit for work. Appeal form is the GL24, you have one month to appeal.
    ^^ Oh they sent me a 'yes ya still a fucked up aids boy and you can still keep your money' letter
    Good, really pleased.

Some of the decisions I've seen the DWP make recently make me go :eek2: