Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i want my money!!! will i get it??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok guys il try to keep this simple.
i got a job (commision only for first 2 months), they told me id get paid at end of october, they fucked me over+lied about my wages, so i left so i could look for another job (as alot of places, such as job centre, are shut at weekends)

My question: do they legally have to pay me the commision i earnt while i was there?? i wana ring them and see how they'llpay me (cash/cheque/etc) and when, but if they start being funny and refusing i wana know my rights!

thanx
BTW, i dunno if it makes any difference, but there was no problem with me leaving, it wasnt on bad terms+they were v nice about it.
L+C

Comments

• Options
    You worked there, they owe you the omeny- simple as in my view. Phone them and ask how you'll be getting paid.
  • Options
    so, i thought that, but is there any official place that states this? cos seeing as how i was only there 2 weeks+didnt sign a contract or anything, i would like summat to back me up if needs be
  • Options
    do you have anything in writing stating your commission rate?

i wouldnt hold much hope really, commission based jobs are a pain in the ass, i wouldnt touch one with a bargepole, they've usually got some way of getting out of it quite easily.
  • Options
    to be honest it is illegal for them to have employed you without a contract - you have a right to that. probably find that because of that there's some technicality where they can claim that you were a self-employed consultant working with them on a non-contract basis, but its worth trying to get the money. always get a contract - it is your legal right
  • Options
    I don't think it is illegal to not have a contract, is it? I think they can use a written statement of employment and terms instead, and even that, I'm not sure if you have to have in the first few weeks.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    I don't think it is illegal to not have a contract, is it? I think they can use a written statement of employment and terms instead, and even that, I'm not sure if you have to have in the first few weeks.

you may be right, i've only ever been in longer term employment

but i can't believe there is no employee protection, i do think you have a right to a contract because otherwise employers could treat you however the hell they want, and that, surely, is illegal?
  • Options
    I have a feeling there's something in the requirements to have a contract that gives both side a few weeks to sort one out.
  • Options
    If there is no contract a presumed contract is created.

They will say they never agreed, or that you never met the conditions, you will have to show they did.

If you still have the job advert that would be a good way to show your expectations.
  • Options
    ok guys, thanx for everyone's replies. i called them+spoke to my manager. il get my cash at end of november (the companies next pay date)
    thank god!!!!